Thorpe Park's Old Days

Frankie

The area where Slammer and the top end of Colossus is now. It was demolished to make way for Colossus, but most of the space was empty or used for storage until Slammer was eventually built there. There are still a few clues if you look around, although I'd imagine it's mostly unrecognisable without all the foliage and the new pathways.

The area where Slammer and the top end of Colossus is now. It was demolished to make way for Colossus, but most of the space was empty or used for storage until Slammer was eventually built there. There are still a few clues if you look around, although I'd imagine it's mostly unrecognisable without all the foliage and the new pathways.

There used to be one of the timber towers visible just next to the gates where Slammer currently is, but its long gone now. At least, I think thats what it was from. Bizarre thing to build otherwise! Back when it was a nice green lawn!

• 3 weeks later...

Brill video! Wonder why the Freezer/Asylum music was briefly playing in the dome?!

Probs advertising FN on the old giant wall of screens, they did that a LOT...

And look kids, that's what Colossus looked like when it had been painted, you'll never be lucky enough to see it for real though, sorry...

• 1 month later...