Thorpe Park's Old Days

Frankie

Urm? Thorpe was far better than it is now. Now they've shoe horned a ride into every possible space they can, whether it fits or not. Themeing is practically non existent. The family atmosphere has been replaced with pikeys left right and center. Yes it didn't have as many 'high profile' rides as it does now, but it was a heck of a lot more enjoyable, and that's what you go for after all, to have fun.

Dear Lord.... is it like have a dig at thorpe about everything with you at the moment?!And as for the pikeys... thorpe cant control who comes to their park can they?Thorpe is still enjoyable...... you might not like it at the moment... doesnt mean everyone thinks the same

Dear Lord.... is it like have a dig at thorpe about everything with you at the moment?!

Neither is it like spam the forum up week about everything you post at the moment. Seriously, a point is a good point, and you attack it.. seriously wtf..

And as for the pikeys... thorpe cant control who comes to their park can they?

They're fine if they come in - but when they cause trouble security throw them out. End of.

Thorpe is still enjoyable...... you might not like it at the moment... doesnt mean everyone thinks the same

No, but he was an expressing an opinion :angry: Respect it, and move on.

Dear Lord.... is it like have a dig at thorpe about everything with you at the moment?!

Yes, yes it is. Is this complain around the forum as much as I can week? Well it's my turn. I HATE THE f**kING COLOUR BLUE AS A BACKROUND.Oh thankgod for that.

And as for the pikeys... thorpe cant control who comes to their park can they?

Well yes they can. They may not do it directly, but certainly indirectly. Take a look at Thorpe Park's advertising over the past few years. Every year it's changing into this more and more "EXTREME RAWR THRILLS". This years advert is a perfect example. The amount of 'extreme thrill' rides attracts, face it, pikeys. Do you see a bunch of pikeys at Chessington? No. Thorpe, in short, are attracting the wrong people.

Thorpe is still enjoyable...... you might not like it at the moment... doesnt mean everyone thinks the same

It's my opinion love. You don't have to think the same, I'm not forcing you to.

Well yes they can. They may not do it directly, but certainly indirectly. Take a look at Thorpe Park's advertising over the past few years. Every year it's changing into this more and more "EXTREME RAWR THRILLS". This years advert is a perfect example. The amount of 'extreme thrill' rides attracts, face it, pikeys.

Thats the idea of the park, extreme thrill rides, and its what works for the park. I dont see your problem with the parks target audience, after all your in it too.. young adults. It just happens to be that most young adults are chavs or pikeys. This whole traveller stuff gets on my nerves, for example on saturday when you were on park what trouble did you have with them what didnt get sorted?

Do you see a bunch of pikeys at Chessington? No. Thorpe, in short, are attracting the wrong people.

Yes.. Chessington has pikeys visit too.. and just like thorpe they keep them selves to there selves and theres very little problems..Infact my friend who works at chessington was assaulted whilst at work last weekend, and I can assure you it wasnt a 12 year old kid.

Well yes they can. They may not do it directly, but certainly indirectly. Take a look at Thorpe Park's advertising over the past few years. Every year it's changing into this more and more "EXTREME RAWR THRILLS". This years advert is a perfect example. The amount of 'extreme thrill' rides attracts, face it, pikeys. Do you see a bunch of pikeys at Chessington? No. Thorpe, in short, are attracting the wrong people.

You will actually find yes it has changed, its moved a fair bit away from the "EXTREME RAWR THRILLS" I take it you wernt around in the 2003/2004 season, everything about the place was EXTREME THRILLS, the map, the website, the adverts EVERYTHING.

2004 was the year of the extreme thrills. And no Marc, I can't say I'm into JUST EXTREME THRILLS. I want to have a break from all that, and so do many other people. There isn't any NEW substantial all round enjoyable ride. Example, a dark ride. And it hasn't moved away from extreme thrills at all, for gods sakes its now officially called THORPE PARK. The last several rides installed, what have they been, Stealth, Slammer, Rush, Samurai, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus. Where is the SUBSTANTIAL all round family ride? Thorpe should NOT exclusively be a an EXTREME THRILLS park. They're just shooting themselves in the foot, and attracting 1)the wrong people 2)limiting their audience. I'm not just basing this opinion on thin air. I'm part of a family. There was a time when my family went, but now it's "Oh it's a bit to much now, no shows to have a break, etc". And Chessington doesn't get anywhere near as many pikeys. Why? Because it's mostly family. I'v visited Chessington and Thorpe just weeks apart and it was absolutely shocking. I didn't see anyone fighting in the queue line, I didn't see anyone spitting, or queue jumping. And it's all very well saying it got taken care of, but it still made those 30 mins at the park UNENJOYABLE for me, cos I was worried of them pushing people into me, or even more cutting in. The whole atmosphere of the park now is non existent, I feel like I have to watch my back. Seriously. And now they even have posters up TO REPORT PROBLEMS. Why the hell should I have to? I'm there to enjoy myself, I shouldn't have to report anyone. It's honestly that bad, and worst of all they know it.

2004 was the year of the extreme thrills. And no Marc, I can't say I'm into JUST EXTREME THRILLS. I want to have a break from all that, and so do many other people. There isn't any NEW substantial all round enjoyable ride. Example, a dark ride. And it hasn't moved away from extreme thrills at all, for gods sakes its now officially called THORPE PARK. The last several rides installed, what have they been, Stealth, Slammer, Rush, Samurai, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus. Where is the SUBSTANTIAL all round family ride? Thorpe should NOT exclusively be a an EXTREME THRILLS park. They're just shooting themselves in the foot, and attracting 1)the wrong people 2)limiting their audience.

Thorpe are doing a hell of a lot better than they ever were, its these people who ENJOY the park and will visit, the gate figures show this.

I'm not just basing this opinion on thin air. I'm part of a family. There was a time when my family went, but now it's "Oh it's a bit to much now, no shows to have a break, etc".

Same as, there was a time when my family went but I'm a big boy now and do things like theme parks all on my own!

And Chessington doesn't get anywhere near as many pikeys. Why? Because it's mostly family. I'v visited Chessington and Thorpe just weeks apart and it was absolutely shocking. I didn't see anyone fighting in the queue line, I didn't see anyone spitting, or queue jumping. And it's all very well saying it got taken care of, but it still made those 30 mins at the park UNENJOYABLE for me, cos I was worried of them pushing people into me, or even more cutting in.

Id like to point out the people "fighting" had blow up banana's, honestly id like to see anyone stab you with a blow up toy.

The whole atmosphere of the park now is non existent, I feel like I have to watch my back. Seriously. And now they even have posters up TO REPORT PROBLEMS. Why the hell should I have to? I'm there to enjoy myself, I shouldn't have to report anyone. It's honestly that bad, and worst of all they know it.

To you maybe yes. And so what, all parks tell you to report q jumping thorpe are just trying new ways to do so. Your no better than the q jumpers when idiots like you abuse and take the piss out of the service.

Chessington is not top notch this year IMO, especially compared to a good last year; no one denying it but when I go there I just don't feel intimidated. You go in, you have the massive lawn out from of HPH, but when you start moving further into the park it gets gradually worse, I mean when on nigh did landscaping go into Mystic East? The ponds are full of dirt, and someone hasn't had the motivation to just paint over the landscaping which is patchy, where the water has hit it. I don't enjoy my visits to Chessington anymore; either it's busy when you can rarely ride much, and dead as a dodo where you can get on everything by 12 (as myself and Marc did on opening day), and normally I just go to Thorpe afterwards. You sometimes get pikeys at Chessington and Phill is right, but I have to admit the rate of them is increasing. I went a lot of times last year and you would just see 2 or three wondering around and perhaps a few between Chessington South and the Park, Ironically - the amount of normal people that go to Thorpe (in respect they are not traveller etc) seems to be lowering, which isn't a good thing. Thorpe have done wonders to the park this season and it shows; the rides have had touch ups here and there, reliability has easily improved on 06/07, and the staff are really there to make your day. We had a great attendant on Slammer the other day in a breakdown, and he out of his own volition came onto our pallet and talked to us about it and moved the subject away from the problem and spoke to us about things and made us all laugh, that thing just wouldn't have happened last year. It may insult the various CWoA staff on here, but I have a better day at Thorpe because of all of those factors. Not because it has 'x, y, z' rides there, I enjoy the Chessington rides better but Thorpe is a better park and they just seem to bother with the guests, Chessington think 'OMFG Zoo, lets whore that like a bitch' (which I have to say is very very good, especially the new cubs in TOTK, however past that point it isn't very good. I can only think of 3 or 4 staff at Chessington who I have seen regularly who bother, but again, the Zoo staff are the only people who seem motivated - especially their Sealion show!I think at Thorpe you can see that a new company has taken over and made steps forward in the progress of the park; Chessington doesn't feel that way at all.

The bananas wasn't the only anti social behavior I saw. My other points still stand. And you being a 'big boy' what a load of s**t. Theme Parks are meant to be enjoyable for ages, and the whole family. MY POINT is my family would go with me, but now they don't enjoy the place, because it doesn't offer what they need. Now they'll only go to Alton Towers, or something similar. Thorpe have just lost out on 4 extra tickets being bought, and I'm sure, many others. But if you enjoy going on your own, that's fine. And you always say this, "THORPE ARE DOING A HELL OF A LOT BETTER", better compared to when? How do you know? Where is your evidence. It's all very well asking staff "so what's the gate figure today", but you have NOTHING to compare it to. Do you know it for 2000? No. Do you know it for 2001? No. Do you know it for 2002. Course you don't. So let's stop this "THORPE ARE DOIGN AMAZING" thing, until you prove to me. It's like me saying, oh I had to queue longer in 2003, then 2007.