Thorpe Park's Old Days

Frankie

Its not an old fashioned method. Its a cleaver method that is still implied today. Nemesis Inferno has a red phone next to the fastrack entrance. Both Stealth and Saw: The Ride platforms have phones for the operator to communicate with hosts. I think the flying fish has a phone too (the new one that is)so theme park bloke, its not an old fashioned method. Its a cleaver method.

I think you all need to stop complaining the park is the way it is today through no fault of it's own, it was brought by Tussands and they controlled what happened to the two parks.It's not the parks fault or chessingtons that they are being biased to attract one crowd, its the way the plans have been set out by Tussands and tbh I think merlin are rather stupid to continue that stratergy, so what the two parks are close together, you still need decent family and thrill attractions in thorpe park and chessington.In my opinion I think that the two parks should switch over for a bit to get a variety of rides, for instance Chessington gets some thrills and thorpe gets some family

You can't really call it bias, because it's just that Thorpe Park and Chessington have been developed to have different target markets. Calling Thorpe Park biased makes it sound as though Merlin are making it unfair for non-thrill lovers. Being biased and having a specific target market are two completely different things. In my opinion, I don't think Thorpe Park and Chessington should be more similar in terms of intensity of attractions. I think it's good that they have both been designed to cater for specific markets. And seeing as they are only half an hour away from each other, it's not like you have to travel much further if you like thrills/family rides etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This a question of interest:What were MR Rabbits Tropical Travels & Trappers Trails?I know Mr Rabbits was replaced with inferno and Trappers was removed for Colossus and Slammer but what actually were they?

Mr Rabbits Tropical Travels was a slow moving boat ride around the Calypso jungle, and unfortunately I don't know what Trappers Trail was.

I'd seen that image before, but I was hoping that it was something a bit more exciting than a playground! :)

Trappers Trail, was awesome! It was located exactly where Slammer is now on the side of the 'Drive in the County ride' hill (that was flatterned for X). Most of the remaining hill was then removed for Slammer and dumped at Treasure Island, creating the hill there.

• 2 months later...

I lost a shoe on the Trappers Trail... :) I used to love Thorpe in the old days. I remember running round the Flying Fish queue (which I always coincidentally timed so I could chase the Fish :)) and then getting right at the front. Then getting a couple of rerides in different places and doing it all again! Then of course the full train circuit and all that. I remember in 2002 going past Inferno whilst it was being constructed and being mesmerised by it. Of course, I had to get the jetty back because I was afraid of going round the back of Canada Creek because I thought the wolves would break the bridge as the train went over it... I also remember when Ribena Rumba Rapids first opened and I was afraid to go on it because I thought "the berry people" kidnapped you, replaced you with robots and enslaved you for life in the dark, creepy cave. Yes, I have an over active imagination. That was irrespective of the fact I was glad to see Thunder River go because of the fact I was the only one in my family to get drenched to the bone by the waterfall which has now been taken out. Oh yeah, and who could forget eating at the BBQ. After the food was ordered, I went off to Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari for about 3 rides before lunch - I'd also pretend I was a taxi driver on it. Ah dear, good times indeed.

God, makes me feel old. Rumba Rapids, Fungle Safari...?! I remember before fungle was re-themed and was Drive in the Country and positioned on the hill that was flattened for X. I remember even before that with the bumper bikes that were up there...don't get me started on Rumba Rapids...Thunder River you mean and JoshC, if the berry people had kidnapped you, I know a lot of people who would have missed you. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...