Thorpe Park's Old Days

Frankie

• 2 weeks later...

Wow who remembers this short lived mascot from 2004

nf-img1.gif

Only picture I could find, apparently even Wayback machine can't be bothered to store much of that year's awful website. The tagline is "If you’re here for fear, Thorpe Park will satisfy your twisted cravings. We’ll take you to limits you didn’t know existed." The first time the park went solely towards thrill seekers but went way too far in that direction, I remember the page for the 'new' Rumba Rapids tried to sell it as being so intense you were guaranteed to vomit. Ha ha

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:37 PM, EpicSmatty said:

Looks like they actually knew the kind of theme they wanted then! Not just a random selection of themes all forced together :o

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, EpicSmatty.. A rail depot fused between the middle of a jungle and a fishing village makes perfect sense! ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Sorry to bump the thread, but if you’re nostalgic for the Thorpe Park Rangers, I recently discovered that the National Diving & Activity Centre near Chepstow, an attraction less than 10 minutes from where I live, actually integrated many of the former life-size Thorpe Park Rangers statues into a diving experience at the attraction:
This might be one for you to visit if you miss the Thorpe Park Rangers and are into diving!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...