Spinball Whizzer

D4n

Maybe I'm just a bit past finding theme parks amazing or maybe I've grown up a little, but price wise and staff wise, not a great park. Some of the rides are in my favourites but the park really isn't, I can't find how they use the magic to it's full potential and I've always found it's either heaving and no one is enjoying it or it's dead and there really is no atmosphere. There are some great rides but really only a handful such as Oblivion and Nemesis but after that, the rest of the rides are pure bred ****e; look at Spinball and RITA, both rough as heck, with one shaking like it's going out of fashion, and the other that cuts your neck to shreds.I agree that nothing in the UK can stand up to something such as Europa which is just breathtaking, however Alton isn't the best this country has got; I think Lego is the closest we've got to a european theme park, with it just jam packed solid of theming, landscaping and different areas in such a great location, however with Alton it may have 'x' family rides and 'x' thrill rides but with only 2 of them being decent, you can't say it's the best theme park in the country with such lacklustre theming and atmosphere, it is only an advanced version of Chessington.

My point was you obviously have very different tastes to the rest of us, as majority of people would not even batter an eyelid at Dragons Playhouse as its not unique, awe-inspiring or frankly anything that should be at a theme park, especially with a better type just a few steps away.Towers has the best landscaping, pure feeling to it, utterly amazing. I admire towers and it can be the only one which can relatively compare to other parks abroad.. Lego is in a league of its own imo.

My point was you obviously have very different tastes to the rest of us, as majority of people would not even batter an eyelid at Dragons Playhouse as its not unique, awe-inspiring or frankly anything that should be at a theme park, especially with a better type just a few steps away.Towers has the best landscaping, pure feeling to it, utterly amazing. I admire towers and it can be the only one which can relatively compare to other parks abroad.. Lego is in a league of its own imo.

The two statements are totally different Peter. I said Playhouse is good fun, however how you string those two statements together makes no sense.

To get back to Outfit, are you saying that you would prefer legoland over alton, cos after reading I thought WTF, is this really happening. And personally I think dragons playhouse is a load of toot and wouldnt miss it for the world, whereas if alton were to disappear in a puff of smoke I would be incredibly disappointed. Alton has some of the best rides, theming, and general location than most other U.K parks. RANT OVERTo get back on topic, I dont think sonic fits well as a ride, maybe something else but not sonic, I just dont like it. Much prefer that they kept it how it is and just painted it, it cant cost a massive amount. But with sonic being almost proven, I would like to see a couple of logo's and not much more. I dont want the ride to be ruined by giant blue hedgehog!

• 3 weeks later...
I never did like the idea of Sonic sponsorship. But now it is confirmed and details released, I think it will work. Alton Towers would not go ahead if they were not prepared to create lots of good theming. Like Spinball Whizzer, it is unlikely that it will be immersive, though it will freshen up the ride. Fans of the game will certainly be pleased, too. Also, it will only be lasting three years, which means it will not dominate Alton Towers and there will still be a lot of Spinball Whizzer in the theme. Then after that the ride is likely to be relocated as mentioned in the future plans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...