Corkscrew

D4n

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really really sad about this. I love it to bits and have always defended it. I really will miss it. As Mark said, it's not really that rough compared to a some of the newer coasters, hate me all you want but I find Colossus a lot more painful and rough than I have ever found Corkscrew.

Well this is sad news. We all knew this was coming eventually.I am going to Alton Towers later this month for a couple of days so I shall make sure I have 2 or 3 rides on the Corkscrew.I understand Corkscrew is being removed not only because it’s and old time to retire, but because of a new area coming in 2010. Where is this new area going, near Ugland? And will Rita be put under the new area name and Ugland be wiped off the map?Also, what will happen to Corkscrew, will it be dismantled and sent back to the manufacturer? Or will it be melted down and sold? Whatever happens, the trains will almost certainly be used again on another rollercoaster somewhere else in the world.

I understand Corkscrew is being removed not only because it’s and old time to retire, but because of a new area coming in 2010. Where is this new area going, near Ugland? And will Rita be put under the new area name and Ugland be wiped off the map?

I know that they'll be no more UG Land- UG Swinger will mew moved to Cred Street as park of the re-theme. :P

Also, what will happen to Corkscrew, will it be dismantled and sent back to the manufacturer? Or will it be melted down and sold? Whatever happens, the trains will almost certainly be used again on another rollercoaster somewhere else in the world.

It's been sold to America (Mexico I think)Said a 'Rita' ride op.I doubt that's very good clarity.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in this topic I was asking what would happen to Corkscrew, would it be sent to it's manufacturer? Well now I can answer that question for myself, as I have just found this on Alton Towers Almanac:However, fans of the ride will be happy to hear that the famous corkscrews themselves are likely to be saved and used somewhere in the park.Brilliant!