Hocus Pocus Hall

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Chessington today, I really liked the Hocus Pocus hall and the duration of it. What I liked best was that spinning tunnel it seemed so real!, the mirrors and the bit towards the end, I can't remember what it was though. :blink: The 3D effect was satisfactory but awesome in the bridge part. And its also great that there is no queues.

• 3 years later...

I'm being honest here. Hocus Pocus Hall is personally one of my favourites at Chessington. I mean, the combination of optical illusions, (love rotating tunnels :P) 4D effects, humour, jump scares and a stunning soundtrack for a theme tune, REALLY let this attraction pack a punch! :D

Don't believe me about the music? Well, just in case you change your mind... ;) :

I hope hocus pocus hall is better on Halloween, unlike you I find it really boring, not scary AT ALL and is just a boring walkthrough. Oh, and the line on the floor in the mirror maze completely ruins the whole point of the mirror maze!

I hope chessie pull something off this Halloween and make it good!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Went yesterday and noticed they still to repair the signage at the entrance, the kids have started calling it Hocus Porcus Hall now!! How long does it take to fix a letter?

Sorry, I was reading that a bit slowly! For a second I thought you said something like "The kids were responsible for the damage!" :P

(...Well, that COULD have happened! ;))

Ah, the mirror mazes - first time I went in HPH I walked smack bang into a mirror - more than once. It wasn't until the TPM CWOA meet last year that I found out about the line on the floor :lol:

The tunnel bit - really really effective but makes me feel a little bit sick! Gotta love the farting chair :lol:

I love mirror mazes! I went in one of the funhouses when I went to Winter Wonderland in December and actually shrieked at my own reflection, thinking it was someone else a few inches away from me! :lol:

Well, for starters most of the first time visitors don't even realise it's there, they're too busy getting confused by the mirrors. But mostly I'd say because a lot of children use the maze and there needs to be a degree of handholding provided. Think of it like armbands in the pool and stabilizers on bikes.
And it also really saved my sexagenarian mother back in 2012.

Is the attraction really 'ruined' because of a line in the mirror maze portion of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was also there to help guide people to the exit for throughput reasons as well, but then again the whole attraction is poorly designed considering it has a fair amount of interactive stuff (well, kind of but not really), yet you have no time at all to really appreciate the stuff or be interactive with it...

Shows how unimportant Chessie were to Tussauds really back then...

Is the attraction really 'ruined' because of a line in the mirror maze portion of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was also there to help guide people to the exit for throughput reasons as well, but then again the whole attraction is poorly designed considering it has a fair amount of interactive stuff (well, kind of but not really), yet you have no time at all to really appreciate the stuff or be interactive with it...

Shows how unimportant Chessie were to Tussauds really back then...

The only time it would need a good throughput is at Halloween as it rarely had a queue otherwise.