Hocus Pocus Hall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hocus Pocus Hall was actually a recycled attraction idea originally planned by John Wardley in the 1990s.

Here is a collection of the concept art for the original plans, featuring Lord Chessington (then renamed Dr Chessington for the adverts). A later revision is with Count Limburger, a vampire mouse.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%2016.53.

• 2 years later...

Who's idea was it to run a 3D walkthrough WITHOUT 3D glasses?!

Also, the pre-show has been butchered with a terrible voiceover, it doesn't fit in at all and is so obviously out of sync with the video.  All because they couldn't be bothered to buy some more glasses?

Guest experience...?

2 hours ago, Coaster said:

Who's idea was it to run a 3D walkthrough WITHOUT 3D glasses?!

Also, the pre-show has been butchered with a terrible voiceover, it doesn't fit in at all and is so obviously out of sync with the video.  All because they couldn't be bothered to buy some more glasses?

Guest experience...?

Just remember to keep your eyes open, or you'll miss out...

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Another piece of un-corporate fun gone...

Also worth remembering it was only poor in its last few years due to Chessington's lack of upkeep.

I'm confused though, if they're selling it as a property how would it house another attraction?

It's a marketing stunt, and one of the more fun, different and clever ones we've seen from Merlin.

Do you really think they'd sell a building in the middle of a theme park for someone external to use?

I think a dungeon style attraction wouldn't work at Chessie due to their primary target market being families and kids, I think Alton or Thorpe are much more fitting candidates.

I think whatever they decide to do with the building will be better than Hocus Pocus in its current state..

Hopefully Tomb Blaster is next..

I imagine that whatever they do, it'll be pretty much just a retheme. There's not too much they can do with the space, and with the 'property advert' listing the effects and goblins, I imagine all of those would remain.

Hard to know whether they'll lean towards an IP or not. Chessington have seen how well IPs work with Gruffalo and, to a lesser extent, Madagascar, but they've not done too bad with internal brands too. Room on a Broom seems like an obvious choice, but I wonder how well known it is in its own right, as opposed to 'from the same author as the Gruffalo'?

10 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

I wonder what it’ll become, it’ll need to be very child friendly. The room on the broom idea could happen, with the witch being the new ‘owner’.

I took my 5 year old nephew on tomb blaster... ?but did look like it needed some major TLC

It's only just had some! Shocking, isn't it?!

HPH was a fun little thing, many years ago. Shame it's rotted, but best to kill now really.

1 hour ago, jessica2 said:

I wonder what it’ll become, it’ll need to be very child friendly. The room on the broom idea could happen, with the witch being the new ‘owner’.

I took my 5 year old nephew on tomb blaster, I forgot it had dead bodies on sticks lol he was terrified ? but did look like it needed some major TLC

Made the same mistake with my niece on Tomb Blaster when she was about the same age but it was the snake that pops up that scared the ? out of her ?

As for HPH - meh it’s been naff for years - hope the keep the farting chair though ?

2 hours ago, Han30 said:

Made the same mistake with my niece on Tomb Blaster when she was about the same age but it was the snake that pops up that scared the ? out of her ?

As for HPH - meh it’s been naff for years - hope the keep the farting chair though ?

Haha yeah he was basically covering his eyes the entire way through saying ‘I don’t like it’. Excellent review for a kids focused theme park haha. 

I cant remember when we went exactly but I do hope it wasn’t after the refurb ?