Hocus Pocus Hall

It’s a shame but no surprise either.

Hocus Pocus Hall has been in a dire state in the last year or so, with it’s absence of glasses, broken/ageing effects and terrible dubbed pre-show. It was probably a matter of time before it was replaced or mothballed as the glasses were not returning.

With some simple and regular maintenance and upkeep, HPH could have well lasted noticeably longer than it has, but clearly corporate side chose not to. I suppose 15 years isn’t that bad for a walkthrough attraction. 

Least the marketing is quite fun and creative though. 7 million anyone?

1 hour ago, Mark9 said:

Ironic that Hocus Pocus Hall opened to quite a muted response in 2003 and no one cared for it, but is now one of the last of *cough* un-corportate fun.

Maybe nobody put their magic glasses on.

In all seriousness I didn't realise it was only 2003, my CWOA history isn't very strong - what was there before?

14 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Maybe nobody put their magic glasses on.

In all seriousness I didn't realise it was only 2003, my CWOA history isn't very strong - what was there before?

Black Bucanneer was 1988

Current Vampire was 2002

Tomb Blaster was 2002 (albeit not the current form)

Rattlesnake was 1998

Rameses in Stargate form was 2000

Toadies 2001

There's very little of original Chessington left now.

One could even be pedantic with Black Bucaneer, as it’s been repainted drastically at least once, including this year. 

Chessington could be put into the collowing Eras as far as investment is concerned. 

1987-1998 The Magic Era

1999-2005 The Quirky Era

2006-2009 The Stagnant era

2010- present The Adventure Era

On 9/14/2018 at 4:03 PM, Cedar Creek said:

One could even be pedantic with Black Bucaneer, as it’s been repainted drastically at least once, including this year. 

Chessington could be put into the collowing Eras as far as investment is concerned. 

1987-1998 The Magic Era

1999-2005 The Quirky Era

2006-2009 The Stagnant era

2010- present The Adventure Era

I’d be more inclined to go for

1990s - The Golden Era

2000s - The ??? Era ?

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

When is this park going to actually get something NEW, rather than reusing their current attractions. ?

probably never.  Shame really as there's that large green field behind dragons fury that can be a whole new area.

also, it annoys me when companies do this type of marketing when they name drop their own IP's. If they were that cherished, why did you rip them out? 

Chessie does seem to be the forgotten park for new rides... I guess their hands will be forced when Ramases Revenge, at the dear old age of TWENTY RUDDY THREE YEARS OLD has to finally pass over soon.

Or, they'll just leave a hole where it once stood. Or theme a maze around the old queue line a la Slammer, whilst looking on at the ride you can no longer ride, that Merlin CBA to remove.

3 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Chessie does seem to be the forgotten park for new rides... I guess their hands will be forced when Ramases Revenge, at the dear old age of TWENTY RUDDY THREE YEARS OLD has to finally pass over soon.

Or, they'll just leave a hole where it once stood. Or theme a maze around the old queue line a la Slammer, whilst looking on at the ride you can no longer ride, that Merlin CBA to remove.

They will definitely 100% just leave an empty hole.

• 3 weeks later...