The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023

treeis

Call me a Psycic!! Some photos have appeared on Twitter it appears Emily Alton HAS evicted the Zombies and “repossessed” her house. I hope she’s managed to throughly refurbish her house following the mess caused by the Zombies. I look forward to entering Emily’s Dolls House and interacting with her and Snowy. 

I have dreamed about Emily Alton and Snowy inhabiting the house for years. Emily I’ll try and visit you later this year.

On a serious note this is the second Merlin project of 2023 I have predicted. I predicted Project Amazon at Chessington would be Jumanji Themed a year before The World Of Jumanji was confirmed.

@Trooper Looper are you eager to see what Emily Alton has changed in the Duel show building?

No cat in the promo art.

Therefore no Snowy.

Maybe that's why the ghost girl is annoyed; like John Wick but ghosts and houses. Keep the blasters and its an easy connection. 

Look I can jump to random conclusions too!

Towers might need to get a priest in soon though. 3 cursed rides now. Plus an alien with a clutch of eggs. Plus In The Night Garden. Horrifying.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Towers might need to get a priest in soon though. 3 cursed rides now. Plus an alien with a clutch of eggs. Plus In The Night Garden. Horrifying.

You don't find cursed rides at the UK's thrill capital for this exact reason...

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/nostalgia/opening-day-stealth-rollercoaster-thorpe-23115667

Father Michael Hereward-Rothwell blessing his parishioners before they took the first ever ride on 'Stealth'

That was a really humdinger on a marketing stunt, left everyone on the edge of their seats.

12 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

You don't find cursed rides at the UK's thrill capital for this exact reason...

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/nostalgia/opening-day-stealth-rollercoaster-thorpe-23115667

Father Michael Hereward-Rothwell blessing his parishioners before they took the first ever ride on 'Stealth'

That was a really humdinger on a marketing stunt, left everyone on the edge of their seats.

Thorpe just suffer from horrendous white elephants in the middle of the park instead 😉

On 12/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, Trooper Looper said:

1) The facade

2) The Drawing Room (Indoor Queue)

3) The Grand Hall

4) The Screaming Heads

5) The Sinister Garden

Wouldn't really want the old scenes incorporated for Emily, but would rather have new scene implemented for Emily and have the old scenes speak for themselves in their original manner.

@Trooper Looper with the fresh information and consept art I think the following will be retained.

1. The Facade 

2. The Indoor Queline

3. The Hall Of Spiders 

While not being a scene I suspect the ride system and carriages will remain. Note I think the guns and scoreboards will be removed. In addition I feel the books on the rear of the carriages will become history. In their place I think there’ll be gripping hands as depicted in the visual plans. I’m elated that the actual ride system will probably be part of the 3rd incarnation of The Haunted House. The system is the best of any Dark Ride in my view. 

I am adamant that my prediction of Emily Alton and Snowy taking riders on a tour of the Dollshouse has become reality. Long before Duel’s refurbishment was known I hoped Emily Alton and Snowy would be given bigger roles. The Dolls House has been in the Drawing Room for over 30 years yet we’ve never got too explore it. If this retheme is done to the standard it’s shaping to be Alton Towers could have the worlds best Horror Themed Ride. I cannot think of any other ride that takes you on a guided tour around a Haunted Dollshouse. I think the Emily Alton music from the Drawing Room should become the soundtrack for Alton Manor. Ideally I would like The Hall Of The Mountain King to be incorporated in some form. The World Of David Walliams had a soundtrack that includes Hall Of The Mountain King. My view is that soundtrack is the best Alton Towers has had in its time as the U.Ks premier Theme Park.  

I think the following sections of Duel will remain but with significant alterations 

1. The Trommel Tunnel 

2. The Sinister Garden 

As for the rest of the scenes I expect they’ll be ripped out and replaced by scenes more applicable to The Curse Of Alton Manor. 

Had I been in charge of renaming Duel I would’ve called the ride The Haunting of Alton Manor or the Phantoms Of Alton Manor. I have a feeling The Curse Of Alton Manor will be the U.Ks version of Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris like Pirate Adventure at BB Drayton Manor was Pirates Of The Carabian. In fact The Curse Of Alton Manor could put Phantom Manor to shame as it’s an original ride custom to Alton Towers’ whereas Phantom Manor is a edited take on The Haunted Mansion rides found at the American Disney Parks.

6 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

In fact The Curse Of Alton Manor could put Phantom Manor to shame as it’s an original ride custom to Alton Towers’ whereas Phantom Manor is a edited take on The Haunted Mansion rides found at the American Disney Parks.

That is an incredibly basic view of the amount of changes made to have that ride more palatable to European audiences (I.e. we actually want a deeper backstory to things). There's a lot of original content within Phantom Manor mixed in with the Haunted Mansion formula.

Still don't understand the obsession of a "blink and you'll miss it" character that had no bearing on the original Haunted House or Duel. Be funny if the girl in the promo art either doesn't exist in the final ride or is given a different name to the ones that have been given by eager enthusiasts to fill gaps in... something?

Definitely also a lot of hyperbole about this retheme too. Temper your expectations people and you'll be far happier than if the ride's storyline is different to the one concocted in your own head. People would've been a little happier with Multiverse of Madness if they'd done the same.

3 hours ago, Benin said:

That is an incredibly basic view of the amount of changes made to have that ride more palatable to European audiences (I.e. we actually want a deeper backstory to things). There's a lot of original content within Phantom Manor mixed in with the Haunted Mansion formula.

Still don't understand the obsession of a "blink and you'll miss it" character that had no bearing on the original Haunted House or Duel. Be funny if the girl in the promo art either doesn't exist in the final ride or is given a different name to the ones that have been given by eager enthusiasts to fill gaps in... something?

Definitely also a lot of hyperbole about this retheme too. Temper your expectations people and you'll be far happier than if the ride's storyline is different to the one concocted in your own head. People would've been a little happier with Multiverse of Madness if they'd done the same.

@Benin you’ll feel like a right twonk if everyone’s suspicions are right. There are more people that believe The Curse Of Alton Manor will be a tour around Emily Alton and Snowy’s Dollshouse than not. Come March you’ll be seriously shocked that your in the minority of enthusiasts that are sceptical about Emily’s involvement. All of the teasers and public knowledge point to Emily Alton being the main focus. I’m optimistic that come March Alton Towers will have the best Ghost Train style ride on Planet Earth. This will put the Disney versions too shame. I can guarantee that The Curse At Alton Manor will be a firm favourite for many years,and last years longer than the Original Haunted House and Duel did added together. John Wardley is involved in the creation of The Curse At Alton Manor so it’s guaranteed to be good. Wardley has NEVER designed a Dark Ride that is unsatisfactory.

• JoshC. changed the title to Duel! - Thread Renamed to Please Steve Vig
1 hour ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Benin There are more people that believe The Curse Of Alton Manor will be a tour around Emily Alton and Snowy’s Dollshouse than not.

[Citation Needed]

Is your confidence in this less than or more than your confidence in Rocky Express returning or Forbidden Tomb returning?

It is entirely possible you are correct, but don't claim you're somehow a knowledge on this because you've simply followed other people's speculation.

Who are these people though? Do they exist? Are they like Secret Tories?

The usual ones I see on forums are either keeping quiet or don't have anything to add on things going on. Usually get a few but if it's all theme park Twitter stuff then count me out.

There's literally no public knowledge beyond now a poster with a girl and some dolls heads. It really feels like many are putting 2+2 together and getting 5 because they want it to be rather than it actually is.

As a result, the designers love to tease people in such a manner. Especially with little nods and hints to the past like referencing Sparks in the poster. Riles up the goons no end.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me getting old and being open to whatever shenanigans happen inside rather than deciding early on it'll be a certain thing and clinging to it.

Would laugh if the ghost girl referenced in the posters was called anything else but Emily though. 

It COULD be a reference. Not it is. I still wonder why they would use a side joke that a number of visitors didn't even see and that only enthusiasts know the full story of (not that there even IS a story, it's a ghost girl who lives in a doll house and has a white cat, here endeth the tale).

I must be getting old and ranty. Maybe I'm becoming a Tory?

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Who are these people though? Do they exist? Are they like Secret Tories?

The usual ones I see on forums are either keeping quiet or don't have anything to add on things going on. Usually get a few but if it's all theme park Twitter stuff then count me out.

There's literally no public knowledge beyond now a poster with a girl and some dolls heads. It really feels like many are putting 2+2 together and getting 5 because they want it to be rather than it actually is.

As a result, the designers love to tease people in such a manner. Especially with little nods and hints to the past like referencing Sparks in the poster. Riles up the goons no end.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me getting old and being open to whatever shenanigans happen inside rather than deciding early on it'll be a certain thing and clinging to it.

Would laugh if the ghost girl referenced in the posters was called anything else but Emily though. 

It COULD be a reference. Not it is. I still wonder why they would use a side joke that a number of visitors didn't even see and that only enthusiasts know the full story of (not that there even IS a story, it's a ghost girl who lives in a doll house and has a white cat, here endeth the tale).

I must be getting old and ranty. Maybe I'm becoming a Tory?

@Benin Rocky Express is reopening at a Theme Park it’s called Ride Heaven. 

With Duel becoming The Curse At Alton Manor Tomb Blaster could be returned to Forbidden Tomb. After all Tomb Blasters popularity was the reason the original Haunted House became Duel with guns. 

For anyone who doubts that the main character of The Curse At Alton Manor will be Emily Alton please watch this. The girl seen in the promotional art looks exactly like Emily Alton. The only difference is the girl in the artists impression has more colour. Please look at the clothes the age of the girl and finally the hair ribbon. It’s clearly Emily Alton. Note even though the girl in the artist’s impression doesn’t have a hat on its still Emily Alton. During her cameo in the Drawing Room Emily takes her hat off. Note the linked video wasn’t filmed by myself. I’ve linked it to thicken my evidence.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwid__rZ3eP8AhUdhf0HHdchBzcQwqsBegQIAxAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUsB1fgHt3YA&usg=AOvVaw0lnBijvkVsr4vaJc0Vsffu

If Alton Manor opens on the first day of the the 2023 season its only 1 month and 3 weeks before we’ll be given a tour of Emily Alton and Snowy’s Dollhouse. Punters have seen Emily Alton and Snowy for 3 decades and 1 year and wondered what decor and spooky surprises are in their house. Finally after all of this time we’ll be able to venture into the Dollshouse.

I was reading this magazine,there’s an article on the Duel refresh it mentions the ride system will receive a new Steering System. Can someone please tell me what a Steering System is? I have not heard of this terminology before. 

https://www.eap-magazin.de//48-News/12199,GB:-Alton-Towers-Announces-Name-of-Its-New-Dark-Ride-Attraction.html

Since that's a German website I'd imagine there's a bit of translation syntax going on. Wouldn't be surprising if Towers did get Mack to update the ride system in a background sense (I.e. redo the sections where it slows down or speeds up) to fit in with the new theme/story.

Creepy children are a horror staple. It does seem a thing where opinion is now stated as fact and runs away until its too late. Until it is explicitly said by the park it could be anyone; just because it COULD be doesn't mean it IS. Same goes with dolls, just have to look at the recent success of M3GAN to see that. All Haunted House attractions have used popular horror tropes for centuries, and the artwork is reminiscent of the game F.E.A.R. which heavily involves a ghost girl. Maybe it's based on that or Resident Evil 7 as that also features a creepy child (it isn't but again I can also make wild assumptions).

Claiming Forbidden/Terror Tomb is coming back has been happening for years. It won't be (mostly because its very 90s and some aspects of it would've been changed by now for obvious reasons), however I would imagine a successful reboot here would give food for thought for those at Chessie.

Once again, opinion is not fact. The fact will only come when the park do their PR featuring what the plot of the ride is. Anything else is completely up in the air and guesswork/assumption by enthusiasts (since the ones working on it haven't divulged anything of note and can't anyway).

Besides, if you're basing thoughts off the recent artwork you're still going round the main house rather than a dollhouse. Probably escaping the aforementioned ghost girl and her friends.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Since that's a German website I'd imagine there's a bit of translation syntax going on. Wouldn't be surprising if Towers did get Mack to update the ride system in a background sense (I.e. redo the sections where it slows down or speeds up) to fit in with the new theme/story.

Creepy children are a horror staple. It does seem a thing where opinion is now stated as fact and runs away until its too late. Until it is explicitly said by the park it could be anyone; just because it COULD be doesn't mean it IS. Same goes with dolls, just have to look at the recent success of M3GAN to see that. All Haunted House attractions have used popular horror tropes for centuries, and the artwork is reminiscent of the game F.E.A.R. which heavily involves a ghost girl. Maybe it's based on that or Resident Evil 7 as that also features a creepy child (it isn't but again I can also make wild assumptions).

Claiming Forbidden/Terror Tomb is coming back has been happening for years. It won't be (mostly because its very 90s and some aspects of it would've been changed by now for obvious reasons), however I would imagine a successful reboot here would give food for thought for those at Chessie.

Once again, opinion is not fact. The fact will only come when the park do their PR featuring what the plot of the ride is. Anything else is completely up in the air and guesswork/assumption by enthusiasts (since the ones working on it haven't divulged anything of note and can't anyway).

Besides, if you're basing thoughts off the recent artwork you're still going round the main house rather than a dollhouse. Probably escaping the aforementioned ghost girl and her friends.

@Benin are you saying you think the rides carriages will remain but the mechanical side will be updated? I’d be happy if the same carriages are used with slight alterations. @Benin do you agree that the girl on the promotional photo looks like Emily Alton? You comparing the girl in the promotional picture to M3gan is laughable. Comparing the 2 is like saying a Watermelon looks like a Banana. Yes their both Horror based female characters but that’s where the similarities end.

• JoshC. changed the title to The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023