The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023

treeis

Same ride system but updated makes more sense in the short refurb time frame. Probably biggest change car wise would be to go back to 6 per car which was only changed to for the onboard computers for Duel anyway.

Didn't liken the character to M3GAN at all. Said that creepy dolls are a popular horror trope, hence the use here. Creepy children are also a dime a dozen here, so putting one in victorian era dresses isn't exactly breaking the realms of creativity too hard.

Are they alike by design or just because they are the same? Until otherwise its purely conjecture.

With this recent poster reveal it does (unfortunately) point towards Emily Alton being a prominent character within the story of this new attraction. I say unfortunately as I personally couldn't really care less about a heavily story driven ride. I just want scary, spooky set pieces. On one hand I completely understand why they would bring back a character they own the rights to. I mean look at the final day of the Bubbleworks when they had Professor Burp knocking about despite the fact he hadn't been around for a decade.

Just for fun. Here is footage of the girl who'd play Emily Alton in the dollshouse rehearsing the the scene that we'd all come to know and love. Would be interesting to see what similarities people see with her and the girl on the poster.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1177934444543

On 1/25/2023 at 6:24 PM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Benin Rocky Express is reopening at a Theme Park it’s called Ride Heaven.

My cat went to cat heaven I.e. it died, much like Rocky Express.

I restate, it is completely possible that the Emily Alton rumour is true. However, you aren't psychic or in the know because you saw and believed rumours which turned out to be true. We can all do that.

I read the following on a Facebook Group I belong too “I can confirm cars are back on site, and also can co firm that set pieces from duel will be staying”. The same person confirmed the same ride system and carriages will remain. According to my source the Cars have had a lick of paint and the guns and scoreboards removed. Finally my source said the Spider Scene has been kept. @Trooper Looper I know how passionate you are about The original Haunted House/Duel so I thought I’d share this information. I’m relieved the ride system,arguably the best in the world, will be part of Alton Manor. It’s brilliant that Emily Alton has let the spiders reside in her Dollshouse. The Spiders are amazing. Despite this I bet people with arachnophobia won’t be so pleased. 

Let’s hope Alton Manor enables the ride system to survive another 30 years. @Trooper Looper do you look forward to seeing the carriages minus the guns and scoreboards?

On 2/2/2023 at 2:44 AM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I read the following on a Facebook Group I belong too “I can confirm cars are back on site, and also can co firm that set pieces from duel will be staying”. The same person confirmed the same ride system and carriages will remain. According to my source the Cars have had a lick of paint and the guns and scoreboards removed. Finally my source said the Spider Scene has been kept. @Trooper Looper I know how passionate you are about The original Haunted House/Duel so I thought I’d share this information. I’m relieved the ride system,arguably the best in the world, will be part of Alton Manor. It’s brilliant that Emily Alton has let the spiders reside in her Dollshouse. The Spiders are amazing. Despite this I bet people with arachnophobia won’t be so pleased. 

Let’s hope Alton Manor enables the ride system to survive another 30 years. @Trooper Looper do you look forward to seeing the carriages minus the guns and scoreboards?

That's great news!!! Always liked the not too over the top theming on the pews/cars had with the wood-carved goat face. Glad they didn't retheme them, why would they anyway when it'd going to still be a haunted House theme? Thank you for sharing the news!

@Trooper Looper I also got this reply “Can certainly say the spiders scene will be staying,but I’m not allowed to say anything else regarding the ride. The vehicles have been sent away for 2 reasons 1)to have the guns fully removed 2) a refurb with a paint up and a slightly different design,but again that’s all I can say unfortunately.

@Trooper Looper does it give you comfort that a percentage of the original Haunted House/Duel will live on in Alton Manor?

As Alton Towers have named the refurbished Duel Alton Manor,does anyone think certain scenes could be like Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris. I don’t mean exactly like Phantom Manor but similar in the same way Pirate Adventure at Drayton Manor was like Pirates Of The Caribbean. Personally Judging by the marketing and teasers I suspect Alton Manor will be better than Phantom Manor. I don’t know about anyone else but the concept art has 100% convinced me that Emily Alton and Snowy will be the main characters. I suspected this when the refurbishment was announced last year. The recent concept art has 100% cemented my dream. I’ve always wanted Emily Alton and Snowy to feature more. They’re the most underrated characters in a Theme Park Worldwide.

As the date of Emily Alton’s housewarming party nears it appears she wants to play hide and seek. I cannot wait to enter Emily’s Dolls House and explore its eerie rooms. @Trooper Looper from what I’ve heard/been told it’s likely both the Dining Room and Hall Of Spiders will remain. I am eager to see the refurbished Carriages I bet they look wonderful. 

55 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

As the date of Emily Alton’s housewarming party nears it appears she wants to play hide and seek. I cannot wait to enter Emily’s Dolls House and explore its eerie rooms. @Trooper Looper from what I’ve heard/been told it’s likely both the Dining Room and Hall Of Spiders will remain. I am eager to see the refurbished Carriages I bet they look wonderful. 

I definitely think the dining hall is staying as if you notice the wall behind the girl in justnby the bust that used to scream at you before the scene, and you can notice the chequer flooring and the columns on each side. Do we know if the carriages will be similar or keep any of the old traits the older ones had?

"An "eerie" and hair-rising new ride will be launched at a Staffordshire theme park next month after a mysterious attraction promoting it opened in London.

Alton Towers launched a haunted doll's house on London's Isle of Dogs to promote The Curse at Alton Manor which is set to be opened on March 18.

Crowds of people were given a series of "supernatural clues" and teasers including a string of sinister messages. of what awaits when the ride opens.

The experience culminated in the first sighting of Emily Alton – the child from the original haunted house, whose demonic exploits inspired the ride.

Bianca Sammut, divisional director at Alton Towers Resort, said: “The British public remain gripped by a desire to be shocked and surprised.

“We hope we haven’t given too many people nightmares with their first taste of The Curse at Alton Manor and their introduction to Emily.

“If visitors thought this haunted doll’s house was impressive, they will be in for a serious surprise this Spring. Our experts have been crafting new and spectacular special effects and visuals that have never been seen before from a UK theme park.

“If you feel you’re brave enough, join us from March 18 to uncover the secrets of her transformation from a once sweet and curious child to a vessel of evil.”

As well as showcasing spectacular visuals, which the recent pop-up doll’s house alluded to, The Curse at Alton Manor will also bring special effects that will be a first for a UK theme park - from twisted projection mapping technology that transports riders into Emily’s own dollhouse, to mirrors that play tricks by blurring the line between reality and her demonic world.""

Well I can eat my hat (one of my many hats) then. But it's actual confirmation of the plot involving Emily Alton rather than random rumour.

The pop-up thing looked weird though.

7 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Family fun style scares?

Think more the middle of a field setting and a real combo of the graffiti UV stuff compared to the more 'traditional' haunted house stuff out front gave it a weird look and style to it.

But as a PR stunt doesn't really matter. 

• JoshC. changed the title to The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023

Can everybody who was dubious about my hunch apologise? I have been saying for months that Emily Alton and Snowy have “repossessed” The Haunted House and ended the Duel. I am elated to hear Emily Alton has evicted the Zombies but I am proud to have proved the vast majority of the Thorpe Park Mania members wrong. In my soul I always knew Emily could conquer the Zombies it was only a matter of time. I cannot begrudge Emily for turning evil. I would be less than pleasant if some Zombies with guns broke in and squatted in my abode for 19 years.

On a serious note which scenes do you expect to remain from the original Haunted House/Duel? I am expecting the Dining Room,Hall Of Spiders and Gholish Garden to be part of The Curse At Alton Manor. I think the Duck from The Flume may be included maybe they’ll be a pond in the Garden with the Duck on. Manor Houses do have ponds and very often Ducks inhabit them. I can confirm the carriages and ride system is 100% the same. If your being pedantic the Carriages have had the guns and scoreboards removed..

@Trooper Looper I think the ride will start of as Emily Alton being a sweet girl then she’ll turn sinister than at the last minute become nice. @Trooper Looper do you share my excitement on Alton Towers dedicating a ride to one of their best and underused characters.