Slammer

Artie

Because people enjoy it and Thorpe would probably want to do everything they can to keep it running. I, for one, will be one devastated fanboy if I see Slammer go!

People enjoyed Rodeo, Boneshaker, Dynamo, Vampire with its classic trains, Big Bad Wolf at Williamsburg was adored, Samurai at Chessington was a force to be reckoned with. I even used to love a pulled pork sandwich which Waitrose used to sell. It doesnt change the fact that Slammer has been on borrowed time for years and it is only to Thorpe's credit that they have put up with its reliability for so long.

Sorry to contradict but it nearly was closed for half a day. Was closed 4/5 hours out of the 9 which is half thank you very much.

I dont get why you are all against my posting, the ride is unreliable, any breakdown could lead to the end of slammer. I love the ride and a bunch of people against me who dont want me to worry about its breakdowns does not stop my love for it.

Stealth was closed from 3:15 today and no one posted about that panicking about it possibly being the end for it! Okay it opened at 6:45 but it's not newsworthy. Was just a typical ride breakdown. Minor issues like restraint faults aren't a life or death situation.

Ermmmmmmmm, I think many people will beg to differ on that statement...

Stealth was closed from 3:15 today and no one posted about that panicking about it possibly being the end for it! Okay it opened at 6:45 but it's not newsworthy. Was just a typical ride breakdown. Minor issues like restraint faults aren't a life or death situation.

Well, if you fell out of your restraint, it would definately be a life or death situation!

The slammer ride team could not get the people out automatically or manually. The situation could have easily been like the rameses revenge incident if it wasnt for the engineers managing to find a way. Restraint faults are one of the scariest problems on rides, if your restraint unlocks midcycle then you are gone forever. Admittedly the restraint faults were at the end of the cycle however those people could have potentially been stuck in there for hours as it happened 2 or 3 times during the day where people were stuck up to half an hour(I was in the queue twice when it happened).

The slammer ride team could not get the people out automatically or manually. The situation could have easily been like the rameses revenge incident if it wasnt for the engineers managing to find a way. Restraint faults are one of the scariest problems on rides, if your restraint unlocks midcycle then you are gone forever. Admittedly the restraint faults were at the end of the cycle however those people could have potentially been stuck in there for hours as it happened 2 or 3 times during the day where people were stuck up to half an hour(I was in the queue twice when it happened).

Not being funny, but I think I would rather be stuck in the restraints as I'm one of them people who is slightly nervous with restraints, To me it would show that they are actually fully safe and the chance of them coming undone is very slim!

Obviously, I would rather it work properly.

I'm sorry Jason but I disagree. Personally- being rather claustrophobic- I'd hate the idea of actually being trapped in the restraints for an unknown amount of time (even thought I don't often trust restraints) so if I was to get stuck on a ride due to a restraint fail and there was quite a bit of uncertainty as to whether I could be stuck there for 5 minutes or 50 minutes, I would start to panic.

But that's just me of course, I understand others would respond differently. But I can see why being stuck in the restraints could be a bit of an issue for people, bar the general inconvenience etc. etc.

Problems with restraints doesn't automatically mean they are going to just open, the chances of that are terribly minute.

The thorpe engineers know the ride better than we do, if they thought there was any risk of riders being stuck for long periods it wouldnt be open.