Slammer

Artie

• 4 weeks later...

I too wish  it did four; I am still certain that the cycle is tamer than previously.

The last time (before it broke for ages) that I remember riding it was fright nights back in 2011, and the first time I ever rode it was 2009... Now to me it seems like it's as intense as it has been and any ever remember 3 each way, although 4 does sound good :P

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I rode it was this year, and I have rode it loads! :D

But I've always found myself slipping out of my shoulder restraints on the second cycle. I know they're just there for re-assurance but it is not reassuring when you can just flop out of them part way through the ride.

I agree with Benin, you can't blame the ride for something which is really down to you with regards to how far you choose to pull down the shoulder restraint. Whilst I know from my own experience that it can hurt a hell of a lot if you pull it down too much, it is infact possible to have the restraints down an adequate amount without injuring yourself (shocking, I know). Seems to be a bit of incompetence on your part really, sorry.

They have always said that you need to pull the top bar down so it just touches your shoulder but, the other week when I was there the host and operator were insisting it had to be pulled down firmly on you because of 'new rules' which then made the ride really painful. The hosts were going along leaning on everybody's to get them down as far as they could go.

The other week I was there I had my shoulder restraints reasonably loose all 3 times. Just a couple of centimetres above my shoulders which made it nice and comfortable. I'm pretty sure that the ride could operate with just a lap bar (not that it should), you would need to go into one hell of an odd position to manage to get out with the lap bar down. It wouldn't be the most comfortable experience with just a lap bar but it would be possible. So to have a new rule of having the shoulder restraints down as far as possible, despite not being how the ride was designed seems rather odd.

This 'new rule' wasn't implemented on Sunday. All times I've rode slammer this year I've had the restraints a couple of centimetres above like LC, as otherwise it's painful. I've always found they push down the lap bars as far as they can and then just tap the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Slammer opened reasonably on time today just before 12pm and closed a bit early, must have been around 8pm or 9pm but unsure of the problem there.

I have a question though, one thing I noticed was that there wasn't the 'SLAMMER' sign on the wooden poles at the entrance(just above where you walk in). I was wondering if this hasn't been there for a long time as I've never noticed it and if it is usually there, is that a sign that it may be leaving soon?