Slammer

Artie

Went on it on my last trip for the first time. It seemed fairly unreliable as the first time we queued it broke down after one spin. So we went to saw for one ride and it was working then. It is definitely my favourite uk flat as it is unique. I hope Thorpe keep it running, as it does seem like high maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping those medals are more-so indicating a possible redesign of medals or even just a random end of season sale, however there is no smoke without fire as I have heard some on/off aggressive rumours of X & Slammer 'possibly' leaving (take this with a pinch of salt) which hope doesn't happen.

I'm hoping Slamner doesn't go (yet) as its a unique exciting attraction and though when it's broken it's messed up, the ride works quite reliably when it is running. It's possible following the Smiler, Merlin will be more ruthless with ride running and if Slsmmer suffers another major failure/mechanical failure they will just close it for good.

Am definitely going to have a go on Slammer a week on Sunday ;)

Planning a ride over a week away? That's damn optimistic as far as Slammer is concerned.

I for one will be sad to see it go. With the efforts made over the years I'd hope they'd keep it running now it is running until something major was required again. Maybe the standard winter maintenance is pretty major in itself.

I would hate to see Slammer go - took me a long time to go on it (it looks visually a lot worse than the ride experience itself). I can't see it lasting many more years - is it 10 years now that both Rush and Slammer have been at the park? I hope it doesn't leave any time soon - considering the amount of money they have ploughed into it I would imagine they want to keep it for as long as possible but of course there does come a point where investing money would be pointless if it has massive issues. Also the ride is so unique and there are no other sky swats left (ok I know only 2 were ever made but it's the only one remaining)

I can see Samurai departing before Slammer - both Samurai and Slammer are my fave flats at Thorpe but in all honesty I think their time is numbered

The thing is why do people want rides to leave as Thorpe are unlikely to replace them so a pretty silly thing to say really. The ride isn't that bad, and any ride is better than no ride.

Just saying Slammer probably won't last too long if it keeps being a maintenance hog.

Whats the point in pouring loads of money into something which is dead..

I'm in Cabin's queue now and Slammer has been dead all day as far as I'm aware. It's also got a sign outside its entrance explaining its unavailable. The ride may have well packed up for the year now, or worse, for good.

2nd time this year it dies the day before I go :D So this leaves 4 rides unavailable now, Samurai Vortex Tidal Wave and this. Not good.

2nd time this year it dies the day before I go :D So this leaves 4 rides unavailable now, Samurai Vortex Tidal Wave and this. Not good.

I'm a Celebrity is also unavailable, as are Loggers, Rumba and Rocky Express after 5pm - meaning that today, the last five hours of the event sees 8 rides/attractions closed.