Slammer

Artie

I meant it would have been nice to do that before it closed.

Then again, they might not have been expecting it to close until the end of the season, but maybe something has happened which caused it to close sooner?

Slammer is definitely not closed out of choice at the moment!

Hopefully they can get it back up and running to see the season out

Strange as a post on twitter two hours ago says slammer and tidal wave are the planned closures in response to a ride availability tweet. It was also completely dead yesterday with no work being done.

But nonetheless if it is open then great news.

Assuming my mind wasn't being manipulated by Derren Brown I saw it operating and swiftly rode it just in case it broke down again!

Still operating now according to queue times website.

Assuming my mind wasn't being manipulated by Derren Brown I saw it operating and swiftly rode it just in case it broke down again

Haha. Apologies if I sounded like I was having ago. Not how I meant it to sound, was Just surprised to see it open and thought it odd that the social media staff still thought it was closed.

Assuming my mind wasn't being manipulated by Derren Brown I saw it operating and swiftly rode it just in case it broke down again

Haha. Apologies if I sounded like I was having ago. Not how I meant it to sound, was Just surprised to see it open and thought it odd that the social media staff still thought it was closed.

• 2 weeks later...

I know before this the operator were pushing the ride a lot for a high throughput and when I was on it, I noticed the restraint locking/unlocking sound happened about 15 times before the ride raised (the blast of air) with nothing happening and I could see two pipes leading to seats in front dripping fluid out. As well as this about 15 mins from close I saw the operators go through Colossus as they were depositing their height check bars there and having a talk and that before going to the Colossus engineering warehouse.

It had some issues yesterday too, they couldn't get the restraints to lock down (or whatever the usual problem is, when someone asked the ride op simply said 'usual stuff from slammer').

I found it quiet amusing, when the problems started we were stood at he split point in the queue line, by the time they sort the problems, 90% of the queue had walked out and I ended up on the next run on the back row alone, not because of the time (it was only about 15 minutes), but because one bloke blurted out he was leaving as he didn't want to be he the on the news that night being spattered over the park cos his restraint hadn't locked down, a chineese whisper went down each queue and the rest one by one all slowly chickened out, including my niece.

I know before this the operator were pushing the ride a lot for a high throughput and when I was on it, I noticed the restraint locking/unlocking sound happened about 15 times before the ride raised (the blast of air) with nothing happening and I could see two pipes leading to seats in front dripping fluid out. As well as this about 15 mins from close I saw the operators go through Colossus as they were depositing their height check bars there and having a talk and that before going to the Colossus engineering warehouse.

I've heard of that on Slammer before - when moisture gets into the air lines sometimes the bars don't register as locked when they are, they can press a button which blows air through the system (the noises you were hearing) to try to clear this.

• 4 months later...