Slammer

Artie

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I doubt we need to worry about it going ! There are engineers there at the moment and it's slightly raised so it's being worked on :)

I actually took a run round this afternoon to do other rides (well it is the end of the season), and sadly Slammer was shut with nobody in attendance.

21 minutes ago, Marc said:

Got this shot of it this afternoon it's very slightly raised and was making plenty of air sounds!

I did pass a group of three engineers walking from it's direction mid afternoon, that might have been the team responsible.

If I have a quiet night at work tonight, I will try the park again tomorrow.

• 4 months later...

Don't worry about Slammer lads, the new mini drop tower coming soon to Old Town will fulfil your freefall needs.

In seriousness - would doubt they are about to scrap the thing due to A. being on the freshly printed park maps and B. the amount of money they have spent on it already - meaning it had a very successful 2016. It was probably available for longer over the season than DBGT ;)

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Or some sort of shipping container walk through from the Slammer exit to the Tug Boat.

I can't remember where I heard it from, but apparently they are replacing the rows of seats on Slammer with a Rock n Tug on one side and a Frog Hopper on the other for two unique new ride experiences.

One side is going to be called SlamTwister - a 'sliding rotating rotating freefall experience'.

The other is going to be called Slammer2 - a 'raising raising rotating freefall freefall experience'.

2017 is looking to be an awesome year!

Also, they would have announced its closure if it was going for good. A theme park wouldn't just close one of its most iconic rides without any warning. Actually, a theme park shouldn't close ANY ride without warning (Looking at you, Alton Towers and Ripsaw).

I agree with what others have said. If it was permanently closing, they wouldn't have put it on the map.

It's just a bunch of maintenance. It will be back open later. Nobody can expect a ride, that breaks every second, to be working completely fine in the first week of the season.

Edited by Pinecone33
mentioning that a theme park should not close an attraction without a warning

• 3 weeks later...