Slammer

Artie

29 minutes ago, Coaster said:

"Watch this space"

What, watch yet another SBNO ride collect dust for a year?

The fact that slammer has clearly received closed season work, and even has new signage sat in its queue line suggests the issues with slammer were quite last minute and probably out of their control.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

The fact that slammer has clearly received closed season work, and even has new signage sat in its queue line suggests the issues with slammer were quite last minute and probably out of their control.

... but then instead of spending money on it decide to keep it sitting there for a year, another loggers leap situation 

Loggers was obviously planned - it was advertised on the thrope site within days of the park closing - the fact that Slammer has had it's closed season work, had new signs bought suggests to me it's quite different to the loggers situation!

Thorpe have shown since the ride opened they are willing to spend money on it if feasible.

14 hours ago, Marc said:

Thorpe have shown since the ride opened they are willing to spend money on it if feasible.

But it's not feasible is it, this ride is 99% down. I can't imagine how much money they have spent trying to get it working.

They're spending tonnes, just so they can say they have the only one in the world, but what goods that when it never works!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thorpe have confirmed it on Social media yup.

A Shame but no real surprise - i always enjoyed riding it but its reliability was always going to get the better of it one day - they did a hell of a good job keeping it going as long as they did but I guess eventually enough was enough.

Really not happy with this decision. Slammer despite its huge number of reliability problems and mixed opinion from day one always offered an experience that couldn't be matched anywhere else, even if it was painful for riders. Quite saddened to hear it's inevitable departure subtly announced like this.

Oh well, it was fun to ride it whilst it lasted and at least the park are being honest about it's removal and not claiming it was down temporarily for TLC/redevelopment or something similar, by then removing it from the park without any notice given the following year.

I suppose we better start speculating at what inflatable HB Leisure replacement we might be getting soon!

I think I'm hoping to much but I would love the red arrows skyforce ride design to go in its space.

With loggers leap also SBNO and speculation on samurais fate now, theres a large corner of the park that houses closed rides and is basically empty.

Edited by ste193

RIP Slammer. Didn't expect it to go after one of its best seasons last year :( 

A shame but can see why the park have done it, doesn't make sense to keep chucking money at a ride which constantly breaks and isn't that popular from a business point of view