Slammer

Artie

And Slammer seems to balance the two themes of Lost City and Canada Creek (of which Slammer is directly between), the imposing brown of Canada Creek and the majestic gold of the Lost City

Slammer is my fave in the park. I dont get why people hate it so much.....Also I love the themed music and the ride sounds.... some of the best in the park :(

The one at the 'S&S playground' was sold to Six Flags Astroworld and given a god awful paint job and was called SWAT. Astroworld then closed down, so it was moved to Six Flags New England and renamed Catapult. Slammer and Catapult are the only Sky Swats in the world.

Slammer is currently the only operational Sky Swat in the world, the other which was Catapult at Six Flags New England, and it is now dismantled awaiting another buyer. I believe the reason for it being removed from the parks portfolio was that it's small queues didn't justify the running costs.

I went the other day and it was like in the middle of summer hols, and slammer had a max of a 10 min que all day, And I'm not surprised.I used to like it but in my opinion I now think its just s**t. It gives you no adrenaline or rush. maybe a bit of excitment but its just nothingthey should get rid of it and make a top spin. It would be alot better

I went the other day and it was like in the middle of summer hols, and slammer had a max of a 10 min que all day, And I'm not surprised.I used to like it but in my opinion I now think its just s**t. It gives you no adrenaline or rush. maybe a bit of excitment but its just nothingthey should get rid of it and make a top spin. It would be alot better

Well that's weird because it was 40 minutes when I went- Mid summer Great ride Slammer :(

If Thorpe Park get a topspin then they seriously need their heads testing. Topspins are 90's ride, something that should be exiting theme parks, not entering! Now I am close to starting my campaign of removing topspins. I've said since 2005 that Rameses should go.

Slammer is my fave in the park. I dont get why people hate it so much.....Also I love the themed music and the ride sounds.... some of the best in the park :(

Uh-huh, Slammer is definately one of the best rides in the park. And the music is great, a simple but boring tune to some, but to me, it's excellent and really suits the ride. Better than the first set.

I used to like it but in my opinion I now think its just s**t. It gives you no adrenaline or rush. maybe a bit of excitment but its just nothing

You've gotta be having a laugh! If it gives you no adrenaline rush then that is shocking! It's the best ride in the south-east (putting aside rollercoasters). The best bit of adrenaline rush is when you're going backwards.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think its the scariest ride in the park. Being suspended upside down way above the ground gives me quite a rush, not really of adrenaline, more of fear. Love it, probably my 3rd favouirte ride at the park.

It gives me an adrenaline rush and the freedom too. I do hate it though when there's some ****er sitting next to you holding their hands out to the sides of them, and your view is blocked.I remember when Slammer was built, the guy ordering the blocks didn't know how many he needed for the trench. ;)

It is true, ask Frankie

I was in the Samurai Queue when it happened, Slammer lost its spinning control and so was spinning freely until I came to a halt. After like 15mins, they got them down. The Slammer area was all cornered off with an abulance and loads of bottles of water for the red faced riders! It obviously was closed for the rest of the day...It was on the news when I got home for about 10secs

I wouldn't say Slammer is my favourite, but I'll go on it. I love it when you do the back flips ;). Is it me or was 2005 a grudge season for Thorpe Park. Both Rush and Slammer break down quite alot. Rush breaks down more, but I heard that Slammer once got stuck upside down ;);) I don't know if it's true. I think it's a fab ride though.

It did, back in early 2007. Or was it 2006? It was when the park was open for February half-term.