Slammer

Artie

The shoulder bars main purpose really is for rider comfort and psycological comfort in a way I guess. When you ride it, pull your shoulder bars down just so they are resting on your shoulders and not forcing your shoulders down. Pull the lap bar down tightly, and this will be pushed down by the platformer too.Even if you think the shoulder restraint doesn't feel like its holding you in, it is, there is no chance your gonna fall out.

What I love about slammer is that so many people shudder just watching it, the queue is never very long, even at peak times so I always get on with just a 10 minute or so wait and it's always been reliable for me, love the ride.

That can't be true- I queued 50 minutes on my last visit :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in the Samurai Queue when it happened, Slammer lost its spinning control and so was spinning freely until I came to a halt. After like 15mins, they got them down. The Slammer area was all cornered off with an abulance and loads of bottles of water for the red faced riders! It obviously was closed for the rest of the day...It was on the news when I got home for about 10secs

Omg when did that happen?

It's VERY, VERY rare that happens. More so these days as the park have learn't a lot about the ride, they've also spent tons of money on her. The chances of it happening now are very small. The whole world and their dogs will race to the area in any event. Slammer get's most of the attention, which makes her well loved by all. :(As far as the ride stopping at the top in the locking position, that's really not a big deal and usually calls for a simple ride reset.

What was wrong with Slammer in the last few days of the season?

Firstly, no one knows what kind of problem it had, and they closed it mainly because after the problem was detected, the engineers would then have discovered that the problem would not be able to be fixed until after the season had ended, so they would have started winter maintenence early.

Wow, you have no idea how confusing your post was just then: your User Name is almost identical to thorpeparkmad's which isn't good for people who are slightly tipsy. :)So, themeparkmad hates Slammer, thinks it's horrible and always closed (so wrong)And thorpeparkmad loves Slammer, think it's wicked and his shoulders somehow managed to fit through the Slammer shoulder restraints. (!)O...K... Just had to clear that up for myself. (and maybe other users)

The troubles Slammer had in 2005 are well known a great deal more than Rush's summer and only serious 'event'.

Yeah but as usual they were blown out of proportion. All I ever hear from my normal friends that are visiting Thorpe soon is "OMG I'm not going on THE slammer someone died on it when it got stuck and I heard some girls restraints came undone! I also heard that something that fell off THE rush and people were running for their lives!"This usually leads into me typing out whole essays on MSN on how wrong they are.