Slammer

Artie

Neither would I , there are far better flat rides at the park.Here is a idea, get rid of Slammer, and Run Samurai Properly?

It just really irritates me that Slammer is such a fantastic ride, but it's reliability is so poor. I agree with you, that no I wouldn't be too bothered if it went, although it does offer such a fantastic experience. Just a shame it's never bloomin' open!

It just really irritates me that Slammer is such a fantastic ride, but it's reliability is so poor. I agree with you, that no I wouldn't be too bothered if it went, although it does offer such a fantastic experience. Just a shame it's never bloomin' open!

Oh Believe me, fairground top scan's are a far greater experiece, than well anything.Even the Chessington Samuari, is a better experience than Inferno.(For the record I rate Inferno as the worst of Thorpe's large coasters)

I agree with Inferno being the worst of the large coasters, and Woah guys hold your horses. Slammers experience is unbelievable and unrivalled anywhere else in the world ( I think ). Unless a seriously spellbinding flat replaced it or an amazing dark ride, I would be devastated if it went. I do agree though, it's reliability is diabolical, embarrassing, a shambles any other words that mean absolutely shocking. It, IMO is one of the biggest things ( of many) Thorpe need to sort out first. :)

If you mean by "windmilled" where it stops in this position and lets the 6 pods rotate, then yes. Like in this picture:Posted Image

I would be far happier if Thorpe Park just ripped it down and replaced it with anything else. It could be a carousel for all I care, just anything more reliable.

No! Then there'd be no sky swatters left in the world!

Yes the ride is troublesome, but having the second of only two in the world is something pretty damn fine. Slammer has had tons of money spent on her and as I say, it's a highly unique, one of a kind ride. She won't be going anywhere just yet.

Slammer is back up in operation went on it 8 times today even though thorpe park say its unavailable its not lol :)

I have come to notice several times recently that the "Rides Currently Unavailable" section of the Thorpe Park website can be very unreliable.

I swear it would be so much easier and less expensive in the long run, just to buy another Sky Swat, re-name it something that doesn't begin with 's'. And most importantly, let S&S deal with it when it breaks down instead of trying, and failing to fix it, in the process making it worse. :P