Slammer

Artie

Oh :P. I'm going on Tuesday, so won't expect it to be open. Then if it is, I will be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah, its all fenced off, and all these staff were standing there today saying that it probally open for a while, we had to stop so a van could come out of the Slammer area :)

I hate it when Slammer is unavailable, it's one thing less to watch when I'm in science. my teacher always drives me mad and thorpe calms me :)But stealth and the rest always are good to watch.

So I'm guessing you're watching them in your mind, unless your school is incredibly close to Thorpe Park. :).

I hate it when Slammer is unavailable, it's one thing less to watch when I'm in science. my teacher always drives me mad and thorpe calms me :)But stealth and the rest always are good to watch.

You can see Slammer from your school?!I am so moving to a school near THORPE PARK. I'd rather have THORPE PARK's view of Colossus than a sea view! (I live in Brighton btw):)

Yes I go to The Magna Carta School in staines, and to be frank I HATE IT, but the view from science looking is quite magnificant especially stealth although you cant see the bunny hop thing at the end :/ you can even see rush when its in motion :)

I'd rather have a view of the sea then a view of closed rides personally (or rides within riding distance that I can't ride because I'm at school!). :P

I know, I suppose it is me being stupid, but if it was Vampire then forget the sea view. Ill open the window and hear Vampire! :) Although, If I could see Colossus and Slammer from my Science window, I would get an 'Unmarkable' in my G.C.S.E. and can't afford that! :P

You can see more then Colossus and slammer! I can see tidal wave, rush(in motion), slammer(in motion), SAW:the ride, Colossus, detonator and stealth :)

You are one lucky dude! But I agree with themeparkmad, that if I had a view like that from my lesson, I would undoubtedly achieve U's across the board.

I suppose its lucky we don't do exams in class then, sports hall, which is always cold.

I know, but your lessons are in classrooms :PI am bad enough if a friend talks to me about a theme park, net alone them being visible to me! (hense why wanting to work at CWOA & ZOO to calm my addictiveness!) :)

:L That's funny, but I talk ALOT in class to my mate and I only glypse THORPE every now and again, The other day I got sent out, it was Wednesday and I didnt see slammer going at all so I guess it was unavailable ( I was out the class for 45 minutes as I wernt allowed in so I'm sure its accurate to see it was shut :))

I know, but your lessons are in classrooms :PI am bad enough if a friend talks to me about a theme park, net alone them being visible to me! (hense why wanting to work at CWOA & ZOO to calm my addictiveness!) :)

haha I'm the same XD In our Physics Text Book there was a picture of Oblivion, to describe Gravity... It started a nice double lesson conversation about alton towers XD And the amount of times we talk about TP is kinda sad... >.>

:L That's funny, but I talk ALOT in class to my mate and I only glypse THORPE every now and again, The other day I got sent out, it was Wednesday and I didnt see slammer going at all so I guess it was unavailable ( I was out the class for 45 minutes as I wernt allowed in so I'm sure its accurate to see it was shut :P)

Naughty Naughty :P I would only have a glympse too... every 5 mins :P Maybe I'll stick with my school in Brighton. (in fact I just remembered I have finished school! College now! :) Just thought I'd mension! :P )

haha I'm the same XD In our Physics Text Book there was a picture of Oblivion, to describe Gravity... It started a nice double lesson conversation about alton towers XD And the amount of times we talk about TP is kinda sad... >.>

Our physic text book has pictures of Colossus for GPE, kinetc energy etc! LOL :):P I used to stare at it if I got bored! :P

Yeah I had an English paper on Alton Towers which was pretty much describing a brochure about Alton Towers and how it attracts guests. As I seemed to be the only coaster enthusiast in that class an Alton Towers convo didn't get very far.

Yeah I had an English paper on Alton Towers which was pretty much describing a brochure about Alton Towers and how it attracts guests. As I seemed to be the only coaster enthusiast in that class an Alton Towers convo didn't get very far.

Funny you say that, my french listening exam (part :) was on a visit to Alton Towers!Had to translate what was said (very quickly) from French to English.

How long has Slammer been down for? This is my first oppurtunity to catch the news for about 10 days now.And for those who want Slammer gone, you're in for a long wait.

It's been shut since May 9th. And can I just say your signature can't say 'FACT' next to where you say Saw isn't the best ride to come out of Thorpe. There are many people who I'm sure would be willing to argue that. It's just an opinion. Everyone is entitled to one and no opinion is ever a fact.

And can I just say your signature can't say 'FACT' next to where you say Saw isn't the best ride to come out of Thorpe. There are many people who I'm sure would be willing to argue that. It's just an opinion. Everyone is entitled to one and no opinion is ever a fact.

Well said. It's not a fact, it's an opinion.I'm willing to argue.Back on topic; I'm presuming Slammer needs some parts?

I have no idea what is wrong with it. This question is for anyone who has been to the park in the past week or so, has there been visible work going on with Slammer throughout the day?I'm only asking this because every time I go to the park when Slammer is closed, there seems to be nothing being done to it. (Nothing visible anyway). I haven't ridden Slammer in such a long time, as it has been closed for all of the last 8 times that I have visited.