Artie

Slammer

Just to clarify, these rows have been closed off since the ride reopened for 2014. I would imagine one or two seats are broken and the rest have to be closed for weight balance. My guess anyway.

They haven't.  I have visited and ridden Slammer several times since it reopened, and they were only there this time.  (I can confirm that I sat in the end seats currently closed off).

Just to clarify, these rows have been closed off since the ride reopened for 2014. I would imagine one or two seats are broken and the rest have to be closed for weight balance. My guess anyway.

They definitely haven't, I rode on the far end. I've never seen this and only recently I have heard this.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Edited by Tommy
Spelling

Sorry that's a complete load of rubbish from me, I rode on the back left of the right hand side at the beginning of July. Unsure when these rows were closed off however went during August and they were closed off so before the middle of August for certain...

They were all open in June to the best of my knowledge. However, as far as I could see, all of the seats at the far end were closed off on Thursday on the right atleast and I'm assuming it was the same or similar case with the left side due to balancing etc.

I too wish  it did four...

...and you'd probably regret it if...

• Your phone fell out of your pocket
  • The person next to you starts to get nauseous and...(yeah)
  • The restraint is too tight and you wish the ride will end real soon before it crushes you alive!

I too wish  it did four; I am still certain that the cycle is tamer than previously.

The last time (before it broke for ages) that I remember riding it was fright nights back in 2011, and the first time I ever rode it was 2009... Now to me it seems like it's as intense as it has been and any ever remember 3 each way, although 4 does sound good :P

The best thing about slammer is that because it spends more than half its life broken, it means you can never get fully used to riding it!

The first time I rode it was this year, and I have rode it loads! :D

But I've always found myself slipping out of my shoulder restraints on the second cycle. I know they're just there for re-assurance but it is not reassuring when you can just flop out of them part way through the ride.

I agree with Benin, you can't blame the ride for something which is really down to you with regards to how far you choose to pull down the shoulder restraint. Whilst I know from my own experience that it can hurt a hell of a lot if you pull it down too much, it is infact possible to have the restraints down an adequate amount without injuring yourself (shocking, I know). Seems to be a bit of incompetence on your part really, sorry.

They have always said that you need to pull the top bar down so it just touches your shoulder but, the other week when I was there the host and operator were insisting it had to be pulled down firmly on you because of 'new rules' which then made the ride really painful. The hosts were going along leaning on everybody's to get them down as far as they could go.

The other week I was there I had my shoulder restraints reasonably loose all 3 times. Just a couple of centimetres above my shoulders which made it nice and comfortable. I'm pretty sure that the ride could operate with just a lap bar (not that it should), you would need to go into one hell of an odd position to manage to get out with the lap bar down. It wouldn't be the most comfortable experience with just a lap bar but it would be possible. So to have a new rule of having the shoulder restraints down as far as possible, despite not being how the ride was designed seems rather odd.

This 'new rule' wasn't implemented on Sunday. All times I've rode slammer this year I've had the restraints a couple of centimetres above like LC, as otherwise it's painful. I've always found they push down the lap bars as far as they can and then just tap the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

There is no new rule. Last thursday it was the same as always. They push down your lap bar but the tightness of the shoulders is completely up to you. Might have just been an operator being particularly difficult, but there is no new rule as far as I'm aware...

I think, pull the shoulder restraints down to touching whilst "sitting tall", one cannot then go anywhere.

I think the OSR's are important when it comes to larger people as the lap bar will vary it's grip with the movement of the body tissue - there, I'm trying to be polite.