Slammer

Artie

They dont have enough staff to do all of the balancing while the ride is running. I'm pretty sure the ride requires 2 operates which leaves the 1 remaining staff member to balance both sides. Which is impractical so it is easy for them to just wait until operator 2 can batch the right side. Unless they are now using 4 members of staff in which case they are just being slow.

They have used 3 every time I have visited. One by the exit gate and two in the operating booths. If a fourth staff member was acquired, the batching and balancing could be done whilst it is being operated. It would also mean the operators don't have the task themselves of doing this.

I'm just glad slammer is running though, and the other rides(Dodgems, zodiac, vortex etc.) have had much worse operations lately so slammer seems like it has good operations at the moment :)

They have used 3 every time I have visited. One by the exit gate and two in the operating booths. If a fourth staff member was acquired, the batching and balancing could be done whilst it is being operated. It would also mean the operators don't have the task themselves of doing this.

I'm just glad slammer is running though, and the other rides(Dodgems, zodiac, vortex etc.) have had much worse operations lately so slammer seems like it has good operations at the moment :)

It's been closed the last few days.

It's been closed the last few days.

It's only been closed for three. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. That is a relatively short period of downtime if we consider samurai has been down for weeks, stealth was down for a few days last weekend and Colossus has been down for a couple of days.

Three days is not a lot of time when it comes to reliability ratings at thorpe park.

• 5 months later...

^ Agreed. My favorite flat, personally. 

I've never been on slammer ever, is it worth doing once it reopens?

It's the only one left in the world, it probably doesn't have much long left so I'd ride it while you can :) Most people either love it or hate it.

• 4 weeks later...

Have no idea why it has taken 3 months and counting to get their unique flat ride running.

*6 months, since they've had closed season too.

Hopefully this can be open by June time when all the school trips start happening in their hundreds.  I know it's not got a brilliant throughput, but every little helps and SBNO rides are never a good reflection on any park...

I love Slammer - but at the same time I hate it (same with Rush) - agree about SBNO rides not reflecting well on parks (I remember when this was the case with Rodeo at CWOA) - think this will be up and running soon - just a shame it has taken rather a long time to sort it out

Considering the amount of money thorpe has spent on new parts for slammer/maintenance, and the fact that slammer is the last "sky swat" in the world, I think slammer will be here to stay for at least another 5 years.

5 years is an over exaggeration. It won't be able to cope for that long. Depsite my love for slammer, I think it will have to go by the end of 2016/2017 at the latest.

As for samurai, that needs to be scrapped at the end of this year as it's so damn is useless now.