Slammer

Artie

If it was testing today or not is not a justification. The park has been open for 2 months and it still hasn't opened and its not even a rare occasion. Its done it every year since they got it. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think its managed a full year of operation without 2 consecutive weeks of downtime. 

it's not a justification, but at least it's a hopeful sign of it opening soon... it is a great unique experience, it is a real shame how it's always had problems; was good to see it back open last year and pretty reliable as well, and thought it was a sign of things to come, and then for it to still not to be open yet is such a disappointment; I hope there's money coming from S&S towards the continued work on this ride; as it seems crazy for thorpe to keep trying and when it's open not even emphasising the fact it's world first/only - as good as it is, right from the beginning of these severe problems the last few years and the same with samurai they probably should have given up and saved the money to get a new flat ride to replace it, would have been a win situation really as a new ride to actually advertise.

Even though Detonator is (loosely) in Angry Birds Land, it still is a great thrill ride and really does pack a punch.  The drop on it is very good; I found it better than Apocalypse at Drayton, which is almost twice as tall.  Whilst taller drop towers have the intimidation factor, Detonator has the edge of being able to provide a better ride experience.

There's also the problem that Thorpe at restricted in how tall they can go, which would make a ride like Falcon's Fury more difficult to achieve.

This is why I dislike detty^ 3 intense 5 me

Back to the point, there is very very little chance the ride would be testing seeing the state it was in at the weekend. There were no cables or lift mechanisms on the two towers (they looked very stripped) and there were alot of big parts waiting to the side in a gated area by slammer. There were engineers looking at the seating area on slammer, and a couple of funny noises, but there was no movement. 

S&S have completely stopped the supply of the sky swat parts, apart from seats, as they are the same model used on several of their other rides such as the screamin swing.

Detty is a great drop ride despite it's low'ish throughput and for me only second to Tower Of Terror ( but then that's another league there).

Slammer though we're almost 4 months in to the season and there's still no life in here (which is a shame as its 10 this year). If I see nothing by June/July time we could safely say the ride is gone and SBNO this year.

Thorpe have to go to external companies for most of the parts needed for Slammer. That's why it often takes ridiculously long for the parts to arrive as they are being made from scratch with little to no design of the original part as it's not S&S producing it.

Slammer is essentially Thorpe's engineers toy that they hate having to fix. It's probably almost made entirely from in house/external company parts with little resemblance to the original S&S that sat there failing in 2005.

Hi guys, was on site sunday afternoon and Monday. Slammer was going Monday and they were working on it. Three workmen on it, one on each side and one in the controls. It did do full rotations be it very very slow yet it spent most of its time up in the air horizontal. Later on it was upside down yet horizontal.

I have a pic yet do not know how to load on ?

Wonder what's wrong with it, Thorpe just keep saying technical issues or some stupid excuse, I genuinely want to k ow why it Is down so much 

It's such a flawed ride design that S&S (the company who manufactured it) have told Thorpe they don't want anything to do with it, meaning that Thorpe have to deal with all problems and source the parts themselves, which is proving difficult for them.

That's what I've been told anyway, it may not be 100% accurate.