Slammer

Artie

I hope it's signed off by Thursday xD

I'm not going to miss the chance to go on the last sky swat!!!

I very much doubt it'll be open by Thursday. Like Josh said, it has a lot of testing to go through before it can be signed off. 

Video of it testing today! - 

By the looks of it, it should be open very soon! Last year it started doing tests on AP day and opened late in the season, so it's looking a lot better this season! 

I hope it's signed off by Thursday xD
I'm not going to miss the chance to go on the last sky swat!!!

Looks like it should be ready for Thursday now, let's hope! :D

Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk

Fan girling level 1000000 reached xD

Another topic but how much is enough for a day trip? (Food, maybe a few souvenirs)

I reckon about £200 should cover food etc :lol:

No seriously.....depends what you want to buy - maybe £10-£15 for food and drinks then at least a tenner for souvenirs.  If you want on ride photos then take out a loan! :blink:

I've not bought any on ride photos so far this year as I seem to have redecorated my living room with ones I have collected over the past couple of years. Definitely works out cheaper to get a photo pass as I think individual photos are £10 (they sometimes do 2 for £15) and that should include key rings.

Tip - don't try haggling with the Picsolve people - I've tried many a time and they don't take kindly to it haha

Just a question, if it's been testing as a part of it being fixed then it will have been done by an engineer, and seeing as it's been closed for so long... Does the park actually have any ride staff trained to operate it yet this season? Because if the answer is no that's at least like, a week added to our waiting time :o Plus, it might not even have been signed over to them yet...

Just a question, if it's been testing as a part of it being fixed then it will have been done by an engineer, and seeing as it's been closed for so long... Does the park actually have any ride staff trained to operate it yet this season? Because if the answer is no that's at least like, a week added to our waiting time :o Plus, it might not even have been signed over to them yet...

Yes staff will have to be trained on it, as like you say it hasn't yet operated this season. It's also not in the same team as last year, it's now in area 1 instead of area 2 so there will be no staff trained on it. 

It has been passed over to the ride team though, as this video shows it being tested with ride audio (engineers wouldn't do that when they are testing it) and you can see a member of the ride team standing by the batching area. 

RobF said it takes 18hours to train someone on Slammer, so if it's been tested the last 2 days as well (that's 12 hours) it should be very soon that it opens! 

Engineers could have been testing the audio out. They'll probably check everything.

New staff might take 18hours to train on it but if they have staff who worked on it last year they can probably just be refreshed on it which would be an hour or so so if they had enough returners they could get it open sooner and then train new staff on it alongside them.

It's best just to wait till it's actually open rather than trying to guess when it will be. It's Slammer, it'll probably bugger itself up due to all the testing.