Slammer

Artie

Hey guys! Sure this question has been asked many times but I like many others have never been on Slammer due its restraints. I have been on every single ride apart from Slammer and Rush. Are Slammers restraints THAT bad? Thanks

I don't find them bad at all. The shoulder restraints really don't hurt if you only pull them down lightly.

forth time??? ok it opened late, not counting that. Down time for few days couple of weeks ago and now yesterday's shutdown which is still on going.

It's the second time. It's reliability has improved a lot over last year, for its first 3 years it was dreadful for relibility.

Its reliability is still crap even if it has improved from it's first few years.

It's reliability has got so bad I see Thorpe have created a permanent parking place for the cherry picker when it's needed. In the past they used to take out the fencing but now it's been smartened up and all they just have to do is open the gates to let the cherry picker in.Rush has the same set up, at the back of it.

It's reliability has got so bad I see Thorpe have created a permanent parking place for the cherry picker when it's needed. In the past they used to take out the fencing but now it's been smartened up and all they just have to do is open the gates to let the cherry picker in.Rush has the same set up, at the back of it.

Slammer's reliability has improved a hell of a lot over the last 2 years. In 2007 I agree it was awful, but last year it was open in time for February, and I never went on a day when it was unavailable. I didn't see Slammer in the unavailable box on the website as much either.

Please God let it be open for Tuesday lolI was really hoping to ride Slammer as I haven't done so in like three years

Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt it will be open yesterday it was trying to test and it kept getting stuck at really odd angles and when it was moving it was moving really slowly, when we went to the ride and asked the staff outside when it would be open they said it may not be open untill at least Wednesday or Thursday.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt it will be open yesterday it was trying to test and it kept getting stuck at really odd angles and when it was moving it was moving really slowly, when we went to the ride and asked the staff outside when it would be open they said it may not be open untill at least Wednesday or Thursday.

Have you just ignored what James said? :P. If it kept getting 'stuck' it would be engineers manually controlling it and stopping it themsleves.

let you know slammer is working I was on it today went on it 8 times in the end first times on it since it opened I chickened out all the time but thought just try it once. yea about the restraints just all u have to do is pull them lightly on ur shoulders and ur fine. and gd things about slammer today was only litterally like 10 mins all the time :o

let you know slammer is working I was on it today went on it 8 times in the end first times on it since it opened I chickened out all the time but thought just try it once. yea about the restraints just all u have to do is pull them lightly on ur shoulders and ur fine. and gd things about slammer today was only litterally like 10 mins all the time :o

Ohhhh right, it shows as closed on website :o