Artie

Slammer

I think I'm hoping to much but I would love the red arrows skyforce ride design to go in its space.

With loggers leap also SBNO and speculation on samurais fate now, theres a large corner of the park that houses closed rides and is basically empty.

Edited by ste193

RIP Slammer. Didn't expect it to go after one of its best seasons last year :( 

A shame but can see why the park have done it, doesn't make sense to keep chucking money at a ride which constantly breaks and isn't that popular from a business point of view

I feel very saddened after hearing that. Slammer was one heck of an experience, and the fact that it was the only operating one, it added a sort of "exclusive" feel to it.

If they don't replace it with a more exhilarating ride, then I won't be happy at all.

Ceremonial topic move complete.

It is a shame, always enjoyed the uniqueness of the experience and glad I got a couple of rides at the end of last season. Probably about time it was put out of its misery though, and Thorpe should be praised for their efforts in keeping it going for so long.

2 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Being replaced with B+M Launch and Aquatrax.... Straight from Thorpe Park direct 5 mins ago

That was a joke...

Absolutely gutted, Slammer was an incredible experience and completely unique - by far one of the most thrilling flat rides around.

Have to say though, I'm not surprised at all.

Well, they should replace it with something unique as a subtle tribute to Slammer. Maybe something that's the only one in the UK or a rare attraction in general.

They have already got its replacement. Its the little kids drop tower seeing as it wasn't on the map at start of season. They are going to suddenly advertise it as it's replacement.

Obv joking but knowing the park will end up being the case. ? 

Thorpe is really going to struggle on busy days this season with the reduced lineup, if one or two majors go down at once it'll be chaos.

I hope they have a decent replacement lined up for Slammer, probably just an HB Leisure stall though.

Darn, I thought we'd see it slamming for at least 3 more years but hay ho.

¡Adios, the best flat ride in the world!

I do hope the relocation rumours are true though, it would be a shame to lose It completely. The 2019 coaster (I hope(?)) better be good.

Given it's chequered history, there's zero surprise that Thorpe have finally given up and letting it go...

If they are able to get someone to part money with it then someone's played an absolute blinder there...

RIP Slammer, glad I went on it last year (had never been on it before!). Brilliant flat ride, sad to see it go but hopefully it'll get a worthy replacement :D

I did like Slammer as a unique ride - not re-rideable, but tried to visit when working. Seems a shame after all the efforts over the last three years, and it's physical position must have been considered when siting the ghost train.

Yay it's gone.  I'm happy.  

Never got all the love over it.  Never will.  

A picnic area would be better than Slammer, so I'd be happy with that.  New ride would be a bonus though.

Not surprised Slammer is now no more - it was my second favourite flat behind Samurai.  So glad I got dragged on it back in 2014 - just looking at it used to terrify me but I ended up loving it.

RIP Slammer time

Aww, Just saw this has moved to the past. 

:( I'm glad I got to ride it a few times last season, during the day and in the dark. Definately was one of the best flat rides in terms of ride experience in my opinion. Also one of the worst in terms of complexity and operation! There's nothing else which slams you head first towards the ground like that! I only hope it's not replaced with an inflatable side stall ;)

Goodbye! :hi:

On 4 May 2017 at 5:49 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Rumours that its been sold to another park, this seems to back that up. 

Probs gonna be moved to Camelot. They love their SBNO rides there ^_^

15 hours ago, Josh3103 said:

Wait if Slammer is Permanently Closed then why are Thorpe Still Replying to Tweets Like This?Screenshot_2017-05-10-06-55-09.thumb.png.9bc96560187140acaa1ba49e5f7ca0e1.png

LOL that's my tweet!