Colossus

Adam J

• 1 month later...

I think considering it is meant to look lost the ride wears it a lot better than a lot of people give it credit for. But in all fairness, I read it somewhere on this forum that Thorpe appear to have a habit of "theming" their rides on concepts that don't require them to look brand spanking new all the time.

I think considering it is meant to look lost the ride wears it a lot better than a lot of people give it credit for. But in all fairness, I read it somewhere on this forum that Thorpe appear to have a habit of "theming" their rides on concepts that don't require them to look brand spanking new all the time.

If thats true, Thorpe have taken it too far with colosuss. It urgently needs a repaint it looks disgusting atm.

And that noise it makes when it gets to the top of the lift hill, bit of WD40 needed :P

That noise is a bit weird sounds rough always think it's going to stop there :P but think it's a pritty wicked sound hopefully makes the queue smaller because people will get scared :P lol

That sound seems to be part of the furniture at Thorpe now; can hear it pretty much park wide. I'd far rather it make that noise just at the top though than all the way up the lift hill, can't imagine it would be too nice to queue next to that noise when you're just about to get into the station :P It does make me laugh though because that noise seems like it has become a signal for everyone in the Colossus area to look up; it's quite weird.

That sound seems to be part of the furniture at Thorpe now; can hear it pretty much park wide. I'd far rather it make that noise just at the top though than all the way up the lift hill, can't imagine it would be too nice to queue next to that noise when you're just about to get into the station :P It does make me laugh though because that noise seems like it has become a signal for everyone in the Colossus area to look up; it's quite weird.

I must admit that I do look up and towards Colossus when I hear that noise, But I dont find it too bad when I'm in the queue.

• 4 weeks later...

Crap - No, it's concept is good.Rough - Hell yes. Especially for the smaller ones of us like me. Thud, thud, thud, thud, whallop, thud. Even holding on doesn't keep me in comfort. Requires padding with pillows and superglue on the seat to stick my ass to it! Posted Image

Crap - definitely not, one of my favourite rides. Rough - when I was younger, and smaller I didn't fit in the restraints properly, well, I was between two points where it secured, so I was shaken around a bit. But I wouldn't say it was overly rough.

The concept is good? It's an extended clone.... :P Plus, it always gives me a headache, and then the fact that I have to specifically sit in the front row of each car really knocks it down even more in my book... No room for my legs... Stupid cars... Stupid restraints... Stupid Intamin...

I'm 5ft 6in and I'm underweight and even I struggle to get into the back of each car lol Posted Image

I haven't been on the front of it yet, is it worth it?

Defently ! I'm surprised you haven't the only place you can sit and really see the spiral loop bits :PBut I also like right at last row but too tall to sit there almost hit head on seat in front :P