Colossus

Adam J

My first ever ride.... crazy to think it was ten years ago now! Looking into it, riding Colossus changed my life (this is looking very deep into it) it eventually led to me getting my first job in a theme park and moving on to where I am today! Shame that I absolutely hate the thing these days.

Went on it yesterday to be surprised by the presence of new restraints...Shame they don't do anything at all to help the ride. It's still absolutely awful and it's a joke how they expect people to get in and out of the back row. I had to go through the gap between the front seats to actually get out...Intamin ¬¬

That's not a concept, they've just HDR'd the photo.... They do it on all their photos, makes em look stupid tbh

Then where's the path Ricky? And since when was there a huge hedge? ^_^

Went on it yesterday to be surprised by the presence of new restraints...Shame they don't do anything at all to help the ride. It's still absolutely awful and it's a joke how they expect people to get in and out of the back row. I had to go through the gap between the front seats to actually get out...Intamin ¬¬

Agreed. I can't even fit my feet into Colossus easily anymore. A week ago I went front row, and found it bearable (still rough compared to SAW) and then yesterday I did second row and found it unbearable. I know SAW's rough, but at least SAW is bearable. Colossus is just, pain, pain, and more pain. I can't even enjoy the ride because its so rough; its only good side in my eyes is it's presence in the park. Such a shame, because it is an amazing concept. Just wish it was B&M tbh. Although in fairness, it could be worse. Could be made by Vekoma or Gerslauer ;)

Then where's the path Ricky? And since when was there a huge hedge? :wacko:Agreed. I can't even fit my feet into Colossus easily anymore. A week ago I went front row, and found it bearable (still rough compared to SAW) and then yesterday I did second row and found it unbearable. I know SAW's rough, but at least SAW is bearable. Colossus is just, pain, pain, and more pain. I can't even enjoy the ride because its so rough; its only good side in my eyes is it's presence in the park. Such a shame, because it is an amazing concept. Just wish it was B&M tbh. Although in fairness, it could be worse. Could be made by Vekoma or Gerslauer ^_^

Really? I find Saw unbearable and Colossus isn't great but bearable.

They've actually managed to make it more difficult to get in and out of?!?! If this is the case then I don't see myself riding a lot in the future, I struggled enough with the last restraints :glare:It's a shame because, despite the various dents in the side of my head and leg cramps Colossus has given me over the years I always had a soft spot for it.

I don't think it's now any harder to get in or out of now, it's just the same. ie a pain in the arse.I thought the crazy speed it was running at Fri actually helped smooth it out, not that I've ever really suffered with whatever pain it causes others.

First coaster my brother went on. Purely cos the park opened, I rushed over to it, he sat down and went "this is the first ride I'm ever going on". Oops.Slight soft spot for it, after realising I hadn't ridden it in years, went on it a couple of weeks ago. It's okay.Wonder how long it has left. Would be weird when it does eventually leave.

I lovce this ride and don't understand why so many people hate it. Now in its 11th year, its popularity is a testament to how iconic it is. Loved the original TV ad as well.I have only been on it twice, the first being annual pass day last year and the other two weeks ago.