Colossus

Adam J

I'm not even that big (Though I do have quite chunky thighs) and ride attendants pretty much have to slam the restraints down for the belt to be able to get in. Then comes the leg cramp, like Matt said I've actually been in agony before during the inlines & brake-run. Other times it doesn't happen. I wish Thorpe would do something, because I do love Colossus. I can see myself avoiding it all together in the future though.

It's iconic and intimidating :glare:

In your opinion...

Mine (and others) differ in that the Colossus sound also can sound really diabolical...

I don't think much can beat a B&M roar audible from the opposite end of a huge valley for intimidation levels too... Indeed the B&M roar in itself is one of the most iconic noises in the industry...

In your opinion...

Mine (and others) differ in that the Colossus sound also can sound really diabolical...

I don't think much can beat a B&M roar audible from the opposite end of a huge valley for intimidation levels too... Indeed the B&M roar in itself is one of the most iconic noises in the industry...

I'm aware it's opinion, that's what we discuss on forums

but anyway, Colossus has no need to beat any B&M roars

I've always been fond of the Colossus rattle off the lift hill. It's one of my first memories of the place when I first visited, and for a 9 year old it was probably the most intimidating thing imaginable.

Same, when I hear that sound from the car park is when the excitement kicks in even stronger, I love that sound :wub:

but anyway, Colossus has no need to beat any B&M roars

We're not saying that at all (at least I'm not). If anything I'm criticising the Colossus roars. Nemesis is 19 years old, when did its roars originally start? Colossus is almost half it's age and look how quickly it's taken for the roars to start compared to Nemesis. As much as Intmain coasters are good, that's crap. <_<

I've always been fond of the Colossus rattle off the lift hill.

It's the anti-rollback device, and it's a sound that always makes heads turn.

:wub:

My mate has size 15 feet and struggles with the back seats.

Colossus also sounds painful to any passer-by. The roar it makes is awful, unlike Nemesis at Alton Towers.

Now that's interesting. I have size 12/13 feet, and back seats are the only place I can sit. Front seats just have no space whatsoever for feet at that size.

Unless you're suggesting he doesn't try the front seats. Which would be a good idea.

I hated the ride up until Fright Nights 2010 when I rode it in the dark!! and ever since it has continued to grow on me, I&#39;m too big built and find it hard to get in and out of the train in the rear sections but once I&#39;m strapped in I dont find it particularly rough at all if you want a rough head and ear banger you should have gone on the Corkscrew at Mingo!

Thorpe should invest in new trains for Colossus. It is a great ride (some people don't think so but everyone has opinions) and it is a shame that it is ruined by the awful trains. If they got new trains, possibly with lapbars if that is possible, but at least with different restraints and more leg room then it would be a much better ride.

I'm taller than you Benins, I find the back rows easier.. They're a struggle to walk through, but you can put your legs either side of the seat infront.

As for the feet issue, there's very very very little space in the front rows. I have to bend my legs back and cant put my feet comfortably on the ground.