Colossus

Adam J

I've never been front row on Colossus, using the disabled pass n' all. It's one thing I'd love to do, ride everything in the front. One day hopefully I'll arrive at Thorpe to find it completely empty and my dream shall become reality, until then... oh well.

New roomy trains would be amazing. I hope this happens, even if later than sooner.

Which seats offer the best ride experience?

The front right imo, I sit there every time because the only time it rattles my head is for a few seconds when entering the drop

I have just realized, ive never been front row on Colossus! :o

You must! You'll never want to sit in the other seats again :P

Going over the hill before the tunnel is brilliant front row! Feels almost as intense as Stealth for a moment. Must be one of the best front row experiences a ride offers.

Do you mean the bunny hop as you head towards the shop?

I'll never forget my first ride on Colossus. Enjoyable and fantastic yes, but as we went over the bunny hop, I suddenly had this vision of not making it and crashing through the window into the shop, and so a quick reaction made me duck my head as fast and as low as possible, in time before making it underneath the shop. This made my mate sitting next to me crack up for the rest of the ride. :lol:

I look back and laugh at it now, but on the highest point of the bunny hop your head is about level with the shop window - and they The Swarm has near-misses!

Not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere, but I was wondering why in cold weather, Colossus and SAW: The Ride seem to be the only rides that shut down.

It is understandable that a ride may close if the weather is too bad/cold etc but I can't help but notice SAW and Colossus are the only two Thorpe park report shutting on their facebook.

Just curious.

Not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere, but I was wondering why in cold weather, Colossus and SAW: The Ride seem to be the only rides that shut down.

It is understandable that a ride may close if the weather is too bad/cold etc but I can't help but notice SAW and Colossus are the only two Thorpe park report shutting on their facebook.

Just curious.

Colossus and Saw are more prone to stalling in high winds / cold weather than the other coasters on park thats all

I think the minimum temperature these rides can run at is 4 degrees otherlise they can't operate. I know inferno [and presumably Swarm] are able to run at a lower temperature.

As for the front seats, theyre the best seats on the ride for experiencing the surroundings around, the drop and also it doesn't bash you around as much.

Saw - Gerstleur

Colossus - Intamin

So...

The Smiler - Gerstleur

Th13teen - Intamin

Th13teen keeps going through the cold conditions, is there a chance The Smiler may suffer this problem?

Every ride is different. Sonic Spinball was going in the snow and yet Fury was closed in just cold temperatures.

Colossus is indeed open and running very well! two trains yesterday and walk on when I went on it at about half 3 :P Colossus is fast climbing up my favourite ride list! and I refuse to accept it's rough its not! yes the trains are noisy and rattle but I think 'ROUGH' is the wrong word to use for Colossus.