Colossus

Adam J

Well, it spent 2 hours with a full train stuck on the lift hill yesterday, maybe not running so great after all haha....

I too was at TP on Monday, giving my favourite ride Stealth a thorough testing, and it was much to the merriment of the ride ops. there, to keep pointing out that Colossus was still stuck on the lift hill, and the crew all harnessed up were having to get people off.

I had toyed with the idea of having a trip on Colossus, but glad to say I stayed Stealthy all day.

• 3 weeks later...

on a non-technical point... Colossus was stopped for around 25-30 mins today, due to someone being sick (was stood outside the station so couldn't actually see), but could see staff with (mouth) masks on (not sure what they're called haha), and they even got the fire hose from the exit out, presumably to wash it down! must have been bad, to take almost half hour to sort out; they said on the announcement it was more than usual... a lot!

• 1 month later...

Went on Colossus on Thursday for the first time and was amused at the fact the whole queue line needed to know that the gates were about to close and the ride was about to begin, from every speaker and on every dispatch. Has it always done this? Not a gripe, just found it mildly amusing :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

That is an impressive structure the park have done, it did look very impressive in person when I saw it today.

Meanwhile, found out train 1 is the refurbished 2013 unit as it has different looking wheels on some of the carriages plus feels noticeably smoother whilst train 2 felt more bumpy and at times, a bit painful during my rides on Colossus today.

• 4 weeks later...

For all its failings, Colossus does still serve a purpose at Thorpe Park - as a motivation for weight loss:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/success-stories/kirsty-mewett-fat-thorpe-park-2283800

10 points for guessing which other rollercoaster is being referred to in the article!

"There was only one roller coaster I could fit into – and that was only because they had extra large seats."

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed Colossus on Sunday. First of all in the morning they were running two trains. Which must have been the first time this year I've seen it running 2 trains in the morning :). Next, I rode it twice and both times I found it incredibly smooth, even my friends agreed with me! Maybe they have done some work on one of the trains because it wasn't was on 2 trains the while day 2 weeks before.

Anyway I also noticed that in the que line they were playing this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y Anyone know why?

• 4 months later...

Really enjoyed Colossus on Sunday. First of all in the morning they were running two trains. Which must have been the first time this year I've seen it running 2 trains in the morning :). Next, I rode it twice and both times I found it incredibly smooth, even my friends agreed with me! Maybe they have done some work on one of the trains because it wasn't was on 2 trains the while day 2 weeks before.

This is great news. My last ride on it last year was downright painful... and I'm not usually fussy about a bit of headbanging.