Colossus

Adam J

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh!! Instead of wasting money on unwanted re-themes why can't Thorpe Park pull their finger out and give Colossus a bit of love? This is a coaster that put Thorpe Park on the map and now over the years it has just deteriorated. It's sad to see a coaster that once frightened the life out of me turn into a roller coaster frightening the life out of me at the risk of tetanus...

It's sad. Is it just not possible for new trains and a clean up?

I think being older and therefore taller I don't find Colossus rough anymore (also having Saw to compare it to...) but it sure is uncomfortable in those seats and my legs often cramp up. Definitely the most uncomfortable ride I've been on, except maybe topspins and their crushing harnesses.

I think the theme Lost City is fine... But they seriously need the lake/pond under the cobra roll cleaned out and actually filled with water as it actually looks vile, and could look so good - as for the rest of it, I'm liking the overgrown look, and the paint isn't too bad I guess. But new trains (with more leg room which is possible achieved by the new lap bar trains) and the pond is a must!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not a particularly big or tall man. I wear size 33-34 trousers and at a height of 5"11 but I'm finding a hard time to fit in the first row of each carriage. New trains would really benefit so much, even if the seats were a little higher (which I know they'll have to use a clearing frame thing) but it's starting to becoming harder to fit in without doing a gymnastic position in the seat!