Colossus

Adam J

I don't know whether it was just my eyes playing tricks, but I hope they pick a more durable paint than Oblivion, its already started to fade and its only been two seasons. In my opinion Saw has held up better than most Merlin coasters,(which is odd considering how badly the Smiler's paint has fared, even without the wheel scraping) But they should definitely be looking at the type of paint used for Saw as inspiration I think.

Let's not forget that Saw is closed at the moment, so we'll no doubt see an increase of queue times around the park.

With RnR, an hour long virtual queue means you could reserve it and then do two other rides before doing Colossus though, assuming the queue times are accurate.

Well I did go in the end, by the time I got there it was on two trains with a 60 minute queue which went down significantly whilst I was there, not sure how many trains it was on in the morning though.

RNR was just as silly as last time, the only place you could get your phone scanned was in the dome however there was nobody in there when we went past.  It was also a case of reserve and queue, however thankfully we didn't wait over 20 minutes (actually queueing), but I thought the concept was supposed to be reserve and walk straight on?

Also on Nemesis Inferno a reserve and ride man went into the ride area where the batcher for the queueline had to tell him that he wasn't allowed there, so they clearly haven't been trained very well!  :wacko:

Well I did go in the end, by the time I got there it was on two trains with a 60 minute queue which went down significantly whilst I was there, not sure how many trains it was on in the morning though.

Find it interesting/curious that after all your criticism of the system and declaring that you won't go to the park when the system is being trialled, you still go for a seemingly on-the-whim visit...

It was also a case of reserve and queue, however thankfully we didn't wait over 20 minutes (actually queueing), but I thought the concept was supposed to be reserve and walk straight on?

When the system first came about, it was stated to be a walk straight on thing.  But I think they've realised that's not realistic - especially with a standby queue too - so it's meant to be that you don't physically wait for more than 15 minutes.  Even then, that can be a bit difficult to achieve, since people have a 30 minute slot to arrive within, they need to juggle the standby queue too, etc.  However, I think they can achieve that after a bit of tweaking with the system.

Find it interesting/curious that after all your criticism of the system and declaring that you won't go to the park when the system is being trialled, you still go for a seemingly on-the-whim visit...

To be honest I completely forgot that they were trialling the system when we made the decision to visit (which was earlier today), I only remembered later (after coming on here and checking queue times) but decided to go earlier as I wanted a thrill fix!  :lol:

When the system first came about, it was stated to be a walk straight on thing.  But I think they've realised that's not realistic - especially with a standby queue too - so it's meant to be that you don't physically wait for more than 15 minutes.  Even then, that can be a bit difficult to achieve, since people have a 30 minute slot to arrive within, they need to juggle the standby queue too, etc.  However, I think they can achieve that after a bit of tweaking with the system.

Yeah I agree that it is unrealistic in the current setup, but that needs to be changed IMO.  I think that RNR should be run as a more "premium" thing with much less slots available so it is a reward for those who plan ahead, but doesn't affect the main queues as when less people were using reserve and ride, the main queues went down significantly today.

He went into the ride area?!

Yeah, thankfully it wasn't one which actually houses track so there wasn't a danger of being hit, but the batching woman was shouting very frantically at him so it must be quite a strictly enforced rule, so the question is why hadn't he been told about it?

Hang on, was that a reserve and ride user, or 'Thorpe employee who scans the RNR barcode'? (Not really sure of their job title).

Are you seriously telling us a park employee wondered onto a live track?

It was a Thorpe employee who scans your phone, wearing a green top.

Technically there isn't any track in the area (it is the area between the main queue and Fastrack queue on Nemesis Inferno) but a ride area is a ride area, and the batcher of the two queues shouted frantically at him so it is obviously an area that the staff aren't supposed to be in.