Colossus

Adam J

Really hope that after the treatment X got and even Vampire before it, Merlin will see the merit in doing periodic updates to their rides: not only as a means to maintain rides but even as an alternative to churning out rides which could be arguable half assed at a lesser cost.

Colossus could get new trains, Vortex could get new restraints, heck even Inferno could have updated trains. A few options I really think Merlin should consider more before rushing to new rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hope that after the treatment X got and even Vampire before it, Merlin will see the merit in doing periodic updates to their rides: not only as a means to maintain rides but even as an alternative to churning out rides which could be arguable half assed at a lesser cost.

Colossus could get new trains, Vortex could get new restraints, heck even Inferno could have updated trains. A few options I really think Merlin should consider more before rushing to new rides.

Colossus yes, Vortex yes, Inferno no thanks. I agree with periodic updates, there's always room for improvement. I can think of a lot that Inferno could get before it gets new restraints, such as proper rock work around the station shed and the music being put back to how it was.

Back to Colossus though, new trains would be perfect. I wonder how many complaints that seating plan has at guest services (if any). 

Don't worry I wasn't suggesting Inferno would be top of my new trains list either. Merely examples [emoji5]

I would defy anyone to tell me that Colossus' current trains do not get the most complaints out of any of their coasters: possibly even across all their rides...

Colossus needs new trains as much as it needs a repaint (both of which haven't happened again). As a result of this it may now be my least favourite of the big coasters (I even prefer Saw now somewhat).

Safe to say Colossus is now also probably the most rundown Merlin coaster (Smiler may be the exception) with Nemy & Vampire receiving much TLC this year.

I do think Thorpe need a TLC scheme like the other parks as much of the Park is looking fairly tired in places (notably Old Town, Colossus, Rumba and to a lesser extent Inferno, Stealth & even Swarm). Whilst it's not quite Towers pre-2016 the park just needs more non ride/shop/food improvements. Tidal Wave is a start however.

I would honestly say, that unless Colossus has got significantly rougher, it will be smoother then the smiler this year, because that ride was really rough on Saturday through the faster inversions, and failed to hold its speed well throughout like it used too...

Colossus re-paint would be nice, new seats a must...the ride is now akin to that of the corkscrew at Alton Towers prior to its removal. Having said that, it looks like they re-painted part of the heartline roll randomly, and AFAIK both Colossus and samurai haven't actually ran this year AFAIK.

If Thorpe were to ever do a TLC scheme [which I think they should], Colossus should be the first ride on top of the list.

Replace the trains [ones like Sky Rush or even like that clone in Italy]

Repaint the whole track

tidy up the trees and shrubbery

jetwash the pit [and maybe even sort the drainage]

paint and repave the queue line fences

The ride would look fab if most of these came in to fruition ever.

Everyone says that new trains will make it smoother, but I believe you will find, that a large amount if the roughness is from the actual track itself, as well as some parts of the track where the paint is worn differently creating bumps which the train does not absorb...