Colossus

Adam J

15 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

No but seriously "walking down the actual track" Mirror are such a joke.

EDIT: "Thrill-seekers forced to walk down tracks of 98ft Thorpe Park Colossus after rollercoaster stopped in mid-air."

Huh?

"Employees shut the ride down after after someone was spotted sticking their leg out of the cart"

Say that again?

"The Colossus a height of a 98ft and has ten inversions along its 2,789ft track"

"The incident comes a few weeks after three children were injured after the Tsunami ride crashed to the ground at M&D's amusement park on Sunday afternoon."

I'd hardly call a ride stopping on its lift hill an 'incident'.

Will the press ever learn?

Well, at least they said hat Colossus has 10 inversions as opposed to 10 loops.

4 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

"The incident comes a few weeks after three children were injured after the Tsunami ride crashed to the ground at M&D's amusement park on Sunday afternoon."

I'd hardly call a ride stopping on its lift hill an 'incident'.

Will the press ever learn?

Well, at least they said hat Colossus has 10 inversions as opposed to 10 loops.

Love how it talks about how horrifying it is for them to walk down (the steps) yet the ride stopped to make sure nobody fell out.

"The Colossus" according to the BBC... <_<

Maybe it's just me but out of every roller coaster at Thorpe, Alton or Chessington, Colossus is the last one I would expect someone to be able to stick their leg out of the carriage due to the very restrictive restraints they use.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but back when Colossus was new in 2002/3, weren't there temporary metal plates put in the carriages to prevent people from sticking their legs out before the current restraints used today were fitted? I seem to remember Colossus having a similar problem to this a while ago but can't remember if this was why.

On 7/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, imindetonator said:

There lucky, they got a free coaster climb.. ;)

That is exactly what I thought!  Plus they got a lift to the top which is perfect for unfit lazy buggers like myself!

On 7/10/2016 at 6:34 PM, Martin.C said:

"The Colossus" according to the BBC... <_<

When people put "The" in front of rides - it annoys me more than it probably should

11 hours ago, planenut said:

I've just read about this evacuation; supposedly a woman stuck her leg out, how? I like Colossus but I always feel cramped and pinned in, that is some mean feat! or foot!

I'm not sure how anyone could get their leg out in that thing - once those restraints are locked, my legs are not going anywhere.  Either she is an epic contortionist or her leg was out before her restraint was locked (which you would think someone would notice??) - also - WHY would anyone want to go on Colossus  with their leg outside of the train?  It's pretty painful enough as it is.

And just to add - when these news articles report and call the trains 'carts' - it annoys me - I think I need to chill out :wacko:

8 hours ago, Matt10 said:

Does anyone know why both trains still have a car down, despite it being like this since the start of the season?

Believe its something to do with the lift hill, and seeing its still like it I doubt it can be fixed until winter maintenance.

• 5 weeks later...