Colossus

Adam J

If a train stops on the lift..... Doesnt mean its always the lift at fault.... It could be an issue with a popped bolt happens allot on hot days....  And you have to park the first train on the lift to clear the second train, or the ride blocks out where the train has been dispatched to early or the system thinks there maybe a train on the  track or in breaks still

7 hours ago, RobF said:

If a train stops on the lift..... Doesnt mean its always the lift at fault.... It could be an issue with a popped bolt happens allot on hot days....  And you have to park the first train on the lift to clear the second train, or the ride blocks out where the train has been dispatched to early or the system thinks there maybe a train on the  track or in breaks still

Or some plonker pulls his/her phone/camera out which is against the house rules and therefore all have to wait for that selfish person, whether they are GP or not.

19 hours ago, RobF said:

Dispatching a train early on Colossus......

You should do stand up :lol:

Trust me when I say your not allowed to dispatch until the other train has backed up... As it causes a lift shutdown and evac... Seen it happen back in the day were we were on it ..... Saying that back in 07 in frightnights 2 platformers on nemesis inferno for 2 hours we disnt stack constantly dispatching before the final helix's

4 hours ago, RobF said:

Trust me when I say your not allowed to dispatch until the other train has backed up... As it causes a lift shutdown and evac... Seen it happen back in the day were we were on it ..... Saying that back in 07 in frightnights 2 platformers on nemesis inferno for 2 hours we disnt stack constantly dispatching before the final helix's

Surely the ride just waits until the train still on the tracks gets back to the station and then starts the lift again? I know Vampire does this on the second lift hill although it is designed to handle 3 trains at once.

18 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

Surely the ride just waits until the train still on the tracks gets back to the station and then starts the lift again? I know Vampire does this on the second lift hill although it is designed to handle 3 trains at once.

*Used to. Vampire runs without and it's perfectly safe.

On 8/31/2016 at 4:27 PM, Matt10 said:

No, it needs a manual override to restart it and I'm pretty sure only engineers are authorised to restart it.

Well I stand corrected! :P Tbh I can't see that there'd ever be a point of sending the ride off that early since the efficiency wouldn't increase at all anyway.

9 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

*Used to. Vampire runs without and it's perfectly safe.

Pretty sure I experienced it waiting either this year or last year (although I think it was at the bottom of the lift hill), it wasn't unsafe before, it was just waiting until the next section of track was clear during busy times I believe

4 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

Pretty sure I experienced it waiting either this year or last year (although I think it was at the bottom of the lift hill), it wasn't unsafe before, it was just waiting until the next section of track was clear during busy times I believe

Yeah, it happens sometimes nowadays but not alot, Ive never experienced it so maybe operations were great when you went

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Tom Stoker said:

I'm not gonna lie, this ride is good, but is in dire need of refurbishment. I'm talking about a new paint job and a new set of trains, for example similar trains used on Intimidator 305, or maybe ones similar to Taron. Anything better than the current ones!

Agree - I actually quite like Colossus (this is quite controversial but I prefer it over Inferno) BUT in all honesty I can't see them getting new trains or getting a paint job - God knows how much that would cost and if they would even want to invest in it - I'd also like to see the medusa pit looking nice and clean again but its been skanky for years!   My most recent ride on Colossus was beyond painful but then I was near the back - usually I find it much better nearer the front. Would be so much better with lap bars - no head banging!