Colossus

Adam J

I dont find it bumpy either :D Its weird how everyone says its bumpy and then we find it not bumpy :D I hate it when it brakes down specially when your queueing for the last ride of the day :( But when you get told by the ride op you can have another go at the end of the day because they had to close it, is quiet funny considering I had ultimate bragging rights over my sister who chose not to queue for the front of the queue and missed out on 2 extra rides just after it had stopped raining ;)

I think it is fine or bumpy (with headbanging) depending on where you sit. When I sit at the front, I have a very nice ride but when I sat at the back last time, my head was banging so much that I had to force my head to stay in the middle of the restraint, instead of banging from left to right.I would like to see a new type of trains replace the current Colossus trains..maybe it will give a better ride, that is more enjoyable and less painful? It is true, that people who don't notice that Colossus is painful, critizise the people who talk about the coaster being bumpy. They don't think it is painful, it is..but they just don't notice it.I used to say it wasn't painful but I find it very painful but I still like the coaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading the Vampire topic and it has reminded me of something that happened on my disastrous day the other week. After queuing for about 50 minutes for Colossus a group of about 5 people (chavs) just jumped in through the Colossus fastrack without fastrack as there wasn't a member of staff manning the point where the Ques merge (By the way this happened when the Que for Colossus was completely full and back to the entrance, Maybe 2 - 2 and a half hours?) . Throughout the day I saw a few other groups of people attempt to do this but I am unaware if they succeeded. I was furious about this as wouldn't this mean even if you had fastrack you could just go through as many times as you want as noone would be there to rip your little ticket thing?

Just been reading the Vampire topic and it has reminded me of something that happened on my disastrous day the other week. After queuing for about 50 minutes for Colossus a group of about 5 people (chavs) just jumped in through the Colossus fastrack without fastrack as there wasn't a member of staff manning the point where the Ques merge (By the way this happened when the Que for Colossus was completely full and back to the entrance, Maybe 2 - 2 and a half hours?) . Throughout the day I saw a few other groups of people attempt to do this but I am unaware if they succeeded. I was furious about this as wouldn't this mean even if you had fastrack you could just go through as many times as you want as noone would be there to rip your little ticket thing?

I have never seen no one manning the fastrack queue, especially with a large queue. I believe you James 6 though. that would probably only ever happen at Thorpe!

Oh fastrack is working its just SAW fastrack that isn't.

Are you telling me I haven't been since February opening day and I could have went because fastrack is ni operation apart from Saw: The Ride?! :huh: Anyway back to Colossus topic: Are there now 2 trains running on Colossus? (haven't been for a while so forgive me if been back in operation for a long time!)

I think I've only seen Colossus on 2 trains this year out of all my trips, even on the Annual Pass holders day!

Are you telling me I haven't been since February opening day and I could have went because fastrack is ni operation apart from Saw: The Ride?!

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but yes Saw is the only ride that isn't using Fastrack XD.

It was an absolute nightmare on wednesday towards the end of the day. Saw was closed at 4pm while it had a que of around 70mins. Then all of the people in the que were given exit passes. So the exit of Colossus was packed with people. They were doing a train of exit passers and then a train from the normal que line and vice versa.

Colossus continued to dissapoint yesterday when not only did I have my head battered constantly throughout the ride, but I also somehow hit my jaw on the rock hard restraints. The ride is just, awful. Awful, awful, awful...

Is it just me or am I the only one able to brace my self against the forces on the ride and enjoy it?! Sure its bumpy in places but its never hurt me.

Is it just me or am I the only one able to brace my self against the forces on the ride and enjoy it?! Sure its bumpy in places but its never hurt me.

Yeah I can do that too, don't get me wrong I love the ride its just if I don't sit at the front of the car (not the train) it hurts.

I agree it's bumpy and vibrates a bit but it's a fantastic ride and luckily don't find it the least bit painful. I don't have to "brace" myself to enjoy it. I do think however it would benefit from some new trains that are a more comfortable and some better restraint's so more people enjoy it. On Friday when I visited Thorpe with some friends they loved Colossus but said they thought it was a bit uncomfortable, strangely though the bit they found painful was the end "barrel roll" bit where they said being continuously chucked into the restraints hurt there shoulders, didn't mention the cobra roll or anywhere else strangely. They said it didn't detract from the whole experience though.

I really fail to understand why people complain about how bad and painful Colossus is yet they still ride it, it makes no sense to me.I also think Colossus would benefit from new trains, maybe with some lighter restraints and easier loading. I don't know how they'd go about doing it but I really would suggest they try to quieten Colossus down a bit, it's insanely loud now, especially around the cobra roll. Sand filled supports maybe?

I don't know how they'd go about doing it but I really would suggest they try to quieten Colossus down a bit, it's insanely loud now, especially around the cobra roll. Sand filled supports maybe?

I agree, Colossus was insanely loud on friday (not that it's a bad thing :P ), Much much louder than I remembered or thought it had been before.

I went on saturday and got on it for my 6th time and it didn't feel as rough as the last time I went on it. Maybe it was just me. Ques were longest I have seen and it did sound much louder especialy when you stand under the drop and the cobra rol.

I went a few weeks ago, and I thought exactly the same thing. It was loud, and the queue times were MA-HOO-SIVE! Therefore, Fastrack was great for me.I could also hear screams from the top of Stealth while I was in the Inferno queue line :P

I love how the entire area is so close to the queuelines and pathways. The Cobra Roll is so close to the path onto the bridge and the 1st Corkscrew just goes above the height of near by guests. The ride is very well landscaped around the area that is Lost City. I'm not talking about the flat rides.

I love how the entire area is so close to the queuelines and pathways. The Cobra Roll is so close to the path onto the bridge and the 1st Corkscrew just goes above the height of near by guests. The ride is very well landscaped around the area that is Lost City. I'm not talking about the flat rides.

The ride does fit in extremely well, I do agree.Colossus is VERY close to the guests, is it safe?