Colossus

Adam J

If you ignore the wear on the track and the huuuge oil stains on the lift hill, it's a really pretty ride. Thorpe have done really well with the way they've dug it into the ground/put paths over it. The fact it's insanely long adds to that. Night time is no exception with the green spotlights. :P Most well designed ride in the park I think. The theming works pretty well too (although that might be because it's so simple - just bung a load of plants in!)

The oil at the top of the lift hill doesn't look so bad as in previous years. From Slammer's side it's OK, maybe a bit worse from Saw's side. What gets me is the way that cable powering it is partly cable-tied and partly dangling!

I don't know how they'd go about doing it but I really would suggest they try to quieten Colossus down a bit, it's insanely loud now, especially around the cobra roll. Sand filled supports maybe?

Has it always been this loud?Sand-filled supports for a 7-year old ride, is it possible to put sand in them now it's been there 7 years? We all know Colossus is getting a some TLC next year (about time, long overdue, don't overdo it, will you Thorpe. :P) but I for one wouldn't complain if Colossus didn't open until early or mid-April so they can get all the needed work done.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a change in the music both in the queue line and station for Colossus. I had an idea of the following tune, which I think would fit in well with the theming, and creating a intense atmosphere. Ticking Drama - Dru Masters(You can find this easily on Spotify or the internet).

I would love to see a change in the music both in the queue line and station for Colossus. I had an idea of the following tune, which I think would fit in well with the theming, and creating a intense atmosphere. Ticking Drama - Dru Masters(You can find this easily on Spotify or the internet).

You must be joking with me... Colossus' music is the best in the whole park with great themes around the ride and in the station aswell as fantastic announcements! :)

You must be joking with me... Colossus' music is the best in the whole park with great themes around the ride and in the station aswell as fantastic announcements! :)

I do like the current theme, but I just thought that the theme I thought of would also fit the ride well. You must admit though, that the current theme does get a bit boring and samey after a while.

I do like the current theme, but I just thought that the theme I thought of would also fit the ride well. You must admit though, that the current theme does get a bit boring and samey after a while.

My honest answer is I love it and I don't really mind that it is a bit samey. It gives a great effect and emphasises Colossus' roar if I am being honest! :)(+ I have it on my ipod because I am sad and I love it):P

I disagree... Loggers Leap has the best music.. Country FTW =DGood Old Dolly Parton!

Thing is though really, Loggers Leap audio is not really themed as it has not been made by Merlin Entertainments!All Loggers Leap audio (apart from the remember to keep seated... and Hold on tight folks...) has just been used from previous artists!Whereas Colossus (even though made for Colossos* in Germany) has been purely made for themed music.Colossus gets backed up by me 100% :P * and No I have not spelt Colossos wrong for Colossos in Germany for people that know I can't stand people who don't spell Colossus correctly! :P

I like the main drop on Colossus becos about half way through it I get serious airtime.. I think thats what it is anyway because it make my tummy go ughhh :P

I love that part aswell !!! The way your hands feel like theyre gonna hit the wall and the amount of speed you pick up is brilliant! Gets my adrenaline going anyday :L

Infernos loop is extremely forceful! More so than Colossus's imo. Especially in the back seats.

I know I only really realised that today I love that loop now, in fact I love Nemesis Inferno even more now they have the effects working again.