Colossus

Adam J

On this ride I think people should sit at the front because it's so much better and smoother than sitting anywhere else, also you can see the head chopper better when you go under the shop (:

Agreed.I find it so much smoother at the front / towards the front of the train.I usually always let people go in front of me (if they want to) if there are only spaces at the back.This is because I would rather wait a little bit longer and get a smoother and better ride (imo) by waiting for a seat towards the front of the Colossus train.Roughness of ColossusI personally have never found Colossus really rough. Sure I have had a few rides where I thought 'That was a bit rough' but very rarely for me to be honest.Colossus is a great ride and always deserves its place at THORPE PARK. :)

The smoothest rows on Colossus are row 13 and 1. Basically though, try and avoid all 14 back of car seats. They seem to move very fixed with the track. There is no give. Where as at the front of each car isn't so fixed and has room to move from the track, lowering headbangs.

I know so many people who find Colossus rough. But I've been riding it for years and not once had a rough ride anywhere I've sat.It is in my opinion though an absolutely amazing ride in the front row, Better than any at Thorpe and only behind Nemesis in the UK. :huh:I think it's a top 10 ride if you sit anywhere but easily a top 5 ride at the front. :)

I know so many people who find Colossus rough. But I've been riding it for years and not once had a rough ride anywhere I've sat.It is in my opinion though an absolutely amazing ride in the front row, Better than any at Thorpe and only behind Nemesis in the UK. :huh:I think it's a top 10 ride if you sit anywhere but easily a top 5 ride at the front. :huh:

Agreed.I do not find Colossus rough and it is my favourite ride at THORPE PARK.

They played the 2006 start announcement on sunday! I was so happy to hear it and started reciting all the words, got some right funny looks from the queue line as we left the station, haha!

Don't worry, that's normal for me. :huh: I hated the 2007 "Tony Blair" version. What was also annoying about that was the fact that the background music didn't blend in.

• 1 month later...

I go on the front seats on this all the time now, I find it better. but I hear loads of people saying on the last loop (the anticlockwise roll) it goes really slow, but I find it goes faster on that one then the other four? or am I just making a big misconseption lol...

I agree with you holtjammy16.I find the last Barrel Roll to be faster than the other four. (Probably because it is! :))

Colossus is now quieter and it doesn't vibrate as much but it still really hurts when you are on the Cobra Roll.

I am glad I can still hear the amazing ROAR of Colossus!I agree with Tim, Colossus does not vibrate as much as it used to.You say Colossus still hurts on the Cobra Roll;Am I the only one that Colossus did not hurt before the changes were made on the ride?! :)On my last visit to Thorpe, Colossus was running all day without stopping on the lift hill once!Glad to see it is running smoothly! :)

Colossus has never hurt me to be honest, yes it's bumpy, but not in a painful way :) , it's easy to brace yourself in a way where it doesn't hurt.So what changes have been made to the ride? I think I've missed something :)

The wheels have been changed, if you look at them they look new.

Had my first ride on Colossus 2 days ago and was pleasently suprised at how steep the first drop was. From off ride the drop looked nothing special but when on the ride the drop looked so much steeper XDThe loop was good, nothing special but still good, the airtime hill was just awesome and also suprisingly intense. The cobra roll was pretty fast paced and I didn't find it rough at-all, and the turn out into the corkscrews was also fast paced but smooth, with the corkscrews also awesome. Then there is a turnaround into the barrel rolls. This was the only rough point in the ride I could find. Nothing unbearable only a small jolt. The famous barrel rolls were weird at first, I can remember falling to the side of my restraints for the first few which was prety uncomfortable, but the barrel rolls were still OK at best and not sickening or anything. The final barrel roll was awesome and overall the ride was a 9/10 for me :)After that followed the 20 minute wait on the break run after the train infront got stuck on the lift hill lolGood points:Awesome steep first drop and good loop.The airtime hill into the tunnel is pretty insaneCobra roll is fast and I didn't find it even slightly rough.Corkscrews are great.Overall the first half of the ride is non stop awesomeness and is perfect imo.Final barrel roll is incredible.Bad points:I found the 4 barrel rolls a bit uncomfortable and almost dull, a complete contrast to the rest of the ride thoughIt broke down while I was on it -.-Overall 9/10.