Colossus

Adam J

I am glad I am not the only one who does not notice the roughness of Colossus!Colossus has to be my favourite ride at Thorpe Park easily!I don't think the cobra rolls are uncreative at all! They are amazing! :D

I agree. I put the word "uncreative" in brackets because I actually do find them enjoyable, whereas a lot of people don't.:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't get why people won't ride at the back. Its smoother than the middle of the train where you get shuffles. At the very front or near back, you miss the major shuffle. You get much smoother rides in rows, 1, 3, 11, 13 (front of cars). Avoiding wheel/back of car seats. For all Intamins with snappy transitions, move your head in the direction the track moves and put your arms up and you can limit headbanging/neck chopping you may get. Thats my tip anyway, that seems to work.

I don't get why people won't ride at the back. Its smoother than the middle of the train where you get shuffles. At the very front or near back, you miss the major shuffle. You get much smoother rides in rows, 1, 3, 11, 13 (front of cars). Avoiding wheel/back of car seats. For all Intamins with snappy transitions, move your head in the direction the track moves and put your arms up and you can limit headbanging/neck chopping you may get. Thats my tip anyway, that seems to work.

I just never bother to ride the back not because its rough but for some reason I always get the front and like it there so I just always queue for it as I know I get a good ride, I never had a very roguh ride on Colossus. I always ride with my hands up but my right hand got caught by a bush on the last inline twist and it was cut other than that I like this ride never had a problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just have to say that I'm loving Colossus this year, had a brilliant ride on it yesterday, the new wheels make the ride a lot quieter, and it now seriously flies around the track, which you can really notice going through those heartlines- I felt like a bullet going through a rifle!Although the station music and announcements were not working (instead- the Heide Park version of the soundtrack was being played) it's great to see that the Medusa water feature is still working, it looked brilliant.