Colossus

Adam J

Theme Park Bloke, the cobra roll you found is on Alpengeist in Busch Gardens Europe, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. I have been on it once but I can't remember the roll specifically well; I know it was more forceful and (imo) better than Colossus' because it didn't hurt me :D

I like Colossus. I like how the area is shaped around Colossus and dislike how the flat rides in LC are generic and aren't really themed as great as Colossus.Colossus is great the front and back but in-between is quite rough, so many times ive bumped my head. And what never used to annoy me but does now, is the lack of foot space OMG > don't get me started.I got foot cramped and couldnt even move my foot, so I was in great pain (coz I'm flat footed, its even worse) and could do nothing about it.

Was something we learnt on behind the loops. Why would you replace an expensive wheel when it dont need it? When your car needs new tyres, do you buy a whole new wheel? No Didnt think so.

Ooh - what happened in 'behind the loops', I don't remember it being said on the forums (and I know you're probably not allowed to say too much), but a general idea? I'd love to hear what it was like!

We had a tour of Colossus maintenance shed, walked up infernos lift hill then went to stealth, we saw the control room, the launch track, then went to the bunker room where it is just amazing how much is in there to make that thing work. Then we went to glasshouse for a bit to eat and talk with some management!

Click here for the Stealth construction mini-site "how does it work pictures" section at Thorpe Park.com = still on their website! These are some of Stealth's finest pictures.

Theme Park Bloke, the cobra roll you found is on Alpengeist in Busch Gardens Europe, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. I have been on it once but I can't remember the roll specifically well; I know it was more forceful and (imo) better than Colossus' because it didn't hurt me :D

Well, we all know how smooth B&M inverters are.

Ooo yes, 'tis a very smooth transition throughout the entire ride. Alas, Colossus is not. :D

It was once.

OMG > don't get me started.

Kleenex?I know what you mean though, it's bunny hop is well designed. At the hop's peak, you are level with the window in the shop, so it makes everyone look twice ahead, thinking they're gonna end up in the shop! On my very first ride I ducked because I thought I was gonna hit my head on the underneath of the shop!

Is that the section just after the camera, as you do the slow 180 degree turn before the inline twists?I had the strangest dream about Colossus recently. I dreampt a recreation of it was done on a steep cliff near the sea. It was so odd because the train would leave the station and not actually hit rollercoaster track until the bottom of the lift hill. Then instead of turning left at the top for the descent, it would turn right. You went through the loop as normal, and the bunny hop towards the cobra roll was so big and long, it dived down to about 50 metres above sea level - however it seemed to slow down here and not really go through a cobra roll. Yes, it eventually turned round and powered back up to the land, but it did not go into corkscrews. This was the most oddest part, where it slowed right down and all of a sudden it changed from an Intamin coaster to a B&M inverter! It then continued some odd route, slowing down at points, there was no inline twists either, but there was one section where it powered up so fast for a Stealth-type top hat B&M inverter syle! I can't remember how it ended.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello , I'm a new kid, really sorry if I break any rules unintentionally.A few weeks ago, when I went to Thorpe, I rode Colossus and was surprised at how smooth it was compared to previous seasons , it really seemed to have improved , to be honest I was dreading the ride when I was instructed to go to one of the end cars but was left beaming at the end when I found I could ride my favourite ride again and enjoy it anywhere on the train!Once again sorry if any mistakes have been made.