Colossus

Adam J

Is this a major problem because I'm hoping it will be open tomorrow.

Seemed to be pretty bad today, it didn't open untill late and when it did it was only on one train resulting in a 90mins queue, and the like Keith said it shut around 1:45pm and was parked on the lift hill at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this really strange, because everytime I've gone in the past 9 years, Colossus has ALWAYS been open and the queue has never been longer than an hour :) So hearing all these problems is really strange for me :D Would anything happen if they extened the cars to give you more leg space? Because I feel that there is somewhat a lack of room in the cars :D

Its not as easy as just extending the trains! Room its self is ok, the older restraints you had plenty of room to move around, its the restraints, which are designed to stop you being able to move your legs out of the train which make it feel cramped. The front 2 seats of each car have much more room than the back 2.

Its not as easy as just extending the trains! Room its self is ok, the older restraints you had plenty of room to move around, its the restraints, which are designed to stop you being able to move your legs out of the train which make it feel cramped. The front 2 seats of each car have much more room than the back 2.

Oh, I didn't mean that they could extend the trains :) ! But thanks for answering anyway !

Welsh Boy - I find you get the most leg room in the odd number row. 1,3,5 etc.I also find it a more comfortable experiece due to myself being quite tall.I am glad that Colossus has never been down when you have visited, and the queue has not been over 60 mins.(I will remember to visit with you next time! :))To be fair to Colossus; Out of all the years I have visited THORPE PARK, Colossus has only been closed all day a few times. (Which is good! :D)

Welsh Boy - I find you get the most leg room in the odd number row. 1,3,5 etc.I also find it a more comfortable experiece due to myself being quite tall.I am glad that Colossus has never been down when you have visited, and the queue has not been over 60 mins.(I will remember to visit with you next time! :D)To be fair to Colossus; Out of all the years I have visited THORPE PARK, Colossus has only been closed all day a few times. (Which is good! :D)

It got stuck on sunday 4 times on the lift hill in exact same place and I was on one of them! So I think that is a good reason for it to be shut :):D

Sounds like someone dispatched to quick or the ride didn't register the track being clear of the other train. It can't restart with guests on, like Inferno can. Puts too much strain on the motor.

The ride may have some dodge sensors, hence why.And for the speed that the train goes up, I'm pretty sure you can restart with guests, I just think you don't now what you're talking about. It's not restarted with guests simply because you're not legally allowed to if it error codes in a certain way, and I'd imagine on Colossus as it only has two different block points - the lift cannot be reset unless the brake block is clear as if the lift was reset and Train 2 wasn't cleared, then there would be a collision.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you are right Mark, I was looking at the Intamin accidents and I'm beginning to feel uneasy and unsafe on their rides, loads of people have been killed on them or seriously injured! :blink:

There is no reason to feel unsafe. Regardless of manufacturer, all rides go through regular safety checks to ensure that they are safe for operation.

I wish the trains and the restraints were actully made like this one.http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk/cpg133/albums/TP/Artist%2520Impressions/Colossus/Colossus.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk/features/artistImpressions.php&usg=__WIH9FITctzNolkm7VQ5wB7fELy8=&h=384&w=560&sz=45&hl=en&start=97&sig2=Qgm1WJJpllFnEctuJQ7GfQ&um=1&tbnid=ILXzYObn8zrHCM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthorpe%2Bpark%2Bcolossus%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN%26start%3D90%26um%3D1&ei=fzbMSqCMMo2t4QbZpqD8BQits under Colossus on the left hanside picture.

Maybe you are right Mark, I was looking at the Intamin accidents and I'm beginning to feel uneasy and unsafe on their rides, loads of people have been killed on them or seriously injured! :blink:

Remember though, alot of the incidents on Intamin rides are the faults of the parks of where the incident happened, rather than the ride it self. If your not secured in any ride properly you will have problems, be it a Intamin or another manufacture.