Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

Hello I'm Josh,

I am the biggest fan of detonator on the planet.

That is all, sorry for sounding cliche! ^_^

Hi there! Nah that's not cliche - or maybe it is. I hate Detonator (sorry!). Just can't handle the intensity - done it 4 times and bizarrely got progressively anxious on each go. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to re ride it!

Welcome to the forums!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Morgan and I love coasters, dark-rides, flat-rides, etc. I entered enthusiasm in 2012 when I visited Alton Towers. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of Thorpe Park, but it is a nice park. My favorite ride of all time is Nemesis; my favorite TP ride is Stealth, closely followed by Detonator.

Hi there Morgan - welcome!  As coasterdude said, you've come to the right place! I first visited Alton Towers in 2013 (although been into theme parks for a lot longer) - Nemesis is a fantastic ride (one of my faves).  Stealth is brill - have to disagree with you about Detonator though - it is the only ride at Thorpe Park I vow never to go on again - but I am a wuss :ph34r:

While I'm here - what is cornetto time?!  Made me laff that did ;)

Haha, Swarm backwards was so bad we had to buy a Cornetto each to get over the "meh" ride we just had.

Strewth - are you made of money?  I've never been rich enough to splash out on an ice cream at thorpe park :lol:  I do agree about Swarm backwards being a bit "meh" though - for me personally the best part is the drop off the lift hill and then it's a tad pointless as you miss all the near misses.  Hence I've only done it several times - was worred about chundering first time I went backwards as I get motion sickness but was fine - went on it backwards a few weeks ago and felt ill for about 3 hours afterwards :bad: 

But hey - at least whenever you go on backwards you can have cornetto time!  And now I want a mint cornetto for breakfast damn it :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Hi all, the names Mack Buck but you can all call me Bucky! I've been a member for a while just never properly set up my account, it's a problem when you don't have opposable thumbs and keep spilling that luscious Starbucks on your laptop. I love theme parks and my many world adventures and can't wait to explore some of these with you on the meets. I'm also the meet photographer a lot of the time. Hope to see you all around soon! :)

Hello! I'm Charlie. I'm 14 and I visited Thorpe park for the first time when I was 10. I've been hooked on theme parks ever since. I'd love to be a rollercoaster designer when I'm older (as I'm sure you all do) and I have many books of my plans. Although I haven't been to any foreign theme parks I spend my evenings watching POV's of numerous rollercoasters, so I know my verboten from my dodonpa! I've recently planned my theme park tour of the world which I hope will eventually happen. Anyway, nice to meet all you coaster addicts!

Hello! I'm Charlie. I'm 14 and I visited Thorpe park for the first time when I was 10. I've been hooked on theme parks ever since. I'd love to be a rollercoaster designer when in older (as in sure you all do) and I have many books of my plans. Although I haven't been to any foreign theme parks I spend my evenings watching POV's of numerous rollercoasters, so I know my verboten from my dodonpa! I've recently planned my theme park tour of the world which I hope will eventually happen. Anyway, nice to meet all you coaster addicts!

Hope you enjoy your stay !

Hello! I'm Charlie. I'm 14 and I visited Thorpe park for the first time when I was 10. I've been hooked on theme parks ever since. I'd love to be a rollercoaster designer when I'm older (as I'm sure you all do) and I have many books of my plans. Although I haven't been to any foreign theme parks I spend my evenings watching POV's of numerous rollercoasters, so I know my verboten from my dodonpa! I've recently planned my theme park tour of the world which I hope will eventually happen. Anyway, nice to meet all you coaster addicts!

Welcome to the Forum/Hotel. :)

Hey, welcome to TPM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I was an active member on here about 3 years ago but university work and general life took over - I've been so focussed on work and everything else that I seemed to completely shut off one of my favourite interests - theme parks!

Anyway this year I am going to make more of an effort to make time for relaxing and having fun... I've learnt the hard way over the last few months that too much working is not a healthy thing.

So for those that remember me, it's nice to be back, and for those who don't, see you around!  :)

Hi everyone! I was an active member on here about 3 years ago but university work and general life took over - I've been so focussed on work and everything else that I seemed to completely shut off one of my favourite interests - theme parks!

Anyway this year I am going to make more of an effort to make time for relaxing and having fun... I've learnt the hard way over the last few months that too much working is not a healthy thing.

So for those that remember me, it's nice to be back, and for those who don't, see you around!  :)

Welcome back Paul! :)