Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys I'm jenna! I've loved theme parks since I was a little girl, I lived in france for a lot of my childhood so I was a bit spoiled by disneyland paris which makes coming to thorpe a little underwhelming but I still enjoy it! I hope to meet some lovely people!!!

Welcome to our forums :) I'd love to live near Disney land. Jealous

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm Laura.

I've been stalking these forums for a while now (particularly the DBGT one!) and finally decided to take the plunge and create an account so I could join in with discussions! I've been a fan of theme parks and thrill rides for a number of years now but where it all started was with my first ride on Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park (prior to this I'd never been brave enough to ride a coaster with inversions). After that fateful day I never looked back and since then have thrown myself at nearly every thrill ride I can possibly get on - I just love the buzz you get off riding them and you can't beat the noise of a train climbing a lift hill, followed by a short period of silence and then the whoosh of a drop. Is there a word for that btw?

I'm pretty excited about the things I have lined up for 2016 - two days at Alton Towers (and an overnight stay in one of their Woodland Lodges), a few trips to Thorpe Park (can't wait to ride Derren Brown's Ghost Train when it opens!), Chessington, Legoland Windsor and my first trip to Europa Park.

I hope I can add something to these forums along with meet people who have the same love for theme parks as I do.

Thanks for reading!

Hey everyone! I'm Laura.

I've been stalking these forums for a while now (particularly the DBGT one!) and finally decided to take the plunge and create an account so I could join in with discussions! I've been a fan of theme parks and thrill rides for a number of years now but where it all started was with my first ride on Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park (prior to this I'd never been brave enough to ride a coaster with inversions). After that fateful day I never looked back and since then have thrown myself at nearly every thrill ride I can possibly get on - I just love the buzz you get off riding them and you can't beat the noise of a train climbing a lift hill, followed by a short period of silence and then the whoosh of a drop. Is there a word for that btw?

I'm pretty excited about the things I have lined up for 2016 - two days at Alton Towers (and an overnight stay in one of their Woodland Lodges), a few trips to Thorpe Park (can't wait to ride Derren Brown's Ghost Train when it opens!), Chessington, Legoland Windsor and my first trip to Europa Park.

I hope I can add something to these forums along with meet people who have the same love for theme parks as I do.

Thanks for reading!

Hi Laura! Welcome to TPM. I, like you, was lured into TPM due to my fascination with DBGT.

Hope you enjoy you're experience on TPM! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not exactly new, but this is a new account.

My old account was also under the name Whatever (originally Thoreparkfreak ugh) but when the update happened a few days ago, my account was lost, and all my old posts come under the name 'guest'. 

(A big thank you to Marc and the mania hub team who tried to get it back!)

Hey everyone, I'm Mike aka Stuntman707 from TowersStreet. I've been a long time fan of Alton Towers but recently moved to Surrey so Thorpe Park has become my new local! I've just been recently for the first time and I loved it.

Hoping to talk about the park on here and I'm also interested in the collaboration meets with the Alton Towers fans.

:good:

• 2 weeks later...