Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/16/2014 at 1:37 PM, paige said:

I guess I better make myself known... My name's Paige, I'm from Essex (joy) and I have been on a mission for the past 4 years to get my friends into theme parks without much success. But I hope I give a half decent contribution into the community, even if I won't be able to make most/any meets due to the fact that a- noone pays you to go to school, and b- I cannot socialize. But hi guys ^_^.

Wow, I joined this forum almost six years ago and after a two year long hiatus I am back, maybe? In true me style my laptop died as I went to start writing this post x starting as I intend to go on 

I am now a perpetually stressed chemistry student but I still like the rolling coasters, and unlike me 4 years ago, I have been to Alton Towers. I have actually been to Alton Towers several times this year and haven't visited Thorpe once HAHA!! 

It's funny how I mentioned trying to get my friends into theme parks, I took my flatmate to Alton Towers along with ScARyCoAStErBoY (lol) and she said Hex was boring, but it is progress.

BUT HI GUYSSS, looking forward to annoying you all with my wrong opinions again when I find the time 😙✌️

On 11/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, Kerfuffle said:

Join the club (only difference being I haven't been to Towers this year - let alone ANY M£rlin attraction)

Seriously though it's great to have you back Paige! ^_^

The forum filter should put £'s, $'s or euro signs in every theme parks name. I'm off to £ft£ling.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Heh, only just found this topic!

Hey, I'm Robert. I have 82 credits with my #1 being Olympia Looping, and my most ridden coaster is Stealth with 24 total rides on it. Throughout my time at parks I've blacked out on a Capriolo, broke down on two rides, waited two hours for a scare maze in pouring rain, chipped my tooth on an inflatable slide, and almost threw up on a Go Gator.

Might sound cliche but theme parks are truly one of my favourite things, and they're an absolute blast. I hope I hit 100 credits in the next two years, so I better get going at that :)

• 4 months later...

Thought I might as well introduce myself as I’ve been sort of a lurker on the site for years and now thought I should try and be a bit more of an active member. - so hello!

I’m Jordan from Dorset, I used to live in Addlestone, just down the road from Thorpe Park and have been to there countless amounts of times. For 18 years in a row I held a MAP so have spent most of my time going to Merlin theme parks. A couple of years ago I decided not to renew it and try out some different places, since then I’ve been to Europa Park, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Paultons Park and plan on going to Drayton Manor and Flamingo Land later this year - been so nice to go to some new places!

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Fred said:

Hello! I'm Fred! I last logged in on this forum in 2014 LOL and this is weird.

My name isn't actually Fred but I did it to hide my identity whilst I worked at the theme parks. Oooooh

I like trains, theme parks and trains in theme parks!

Oh hi 'Fred'. I'll fill you in on my top five favourite theme park stories since 2014.

5. Everyone described Taron's second launch as 'sex'.

4. Energylandia added its 400th rollercoaster but I can never visit because Poland are a bunch of homophobic, back water biggots.

3. Thorpe Park's best investment was a bouncy castle. Chessington also added a bouncy castle but no one cared.

2. Ellens Energy Adventure closed in 2017 to be replaced by a Guardians rollercoaster, around the same time Tron started being built. We are still waiting. In that time Universal destroyed two B&M's but has already opened two replacements. 

And finally.

1. Frights nights is still a thing. It's played out girl, please just move on.

20 hours ago, Fred said:

Hello! I'm Fred! I last logged in on this forum in 2014 LOL and this is weird.

My name isn't actually Fred but I did it to hide my identity whilst I worked at the theme parks. Oooooh

I like trains, theme parks and trains in theme parks!

Hasn't logged on since 2014, last post before this May 2015...

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I’ll probably be a familiar face if you’re a frequent reader of TowersStreet or CoasterForce, but for those of you who don’t know me; I’m Matt, I’m 18 years old and I’m a theme park enthusiast from the Forest of Dean!

In terms of my own history with Thorpe; my first visit was back in 2014, when I was 11, and I’ll admit that even though I didn’t visit Thorpe at least once every year as a child in the same way that I did Alton Towers (the bulk of my Thorpe experiences have certainly been quite recent, unlike Towers where I have a plethora of childhood memories), I have grown a real soft spot for the park over all my visits since then, and I always enjoy a day there! My favourite Thorpe ride is The Swarm, but I’ll admit that Nemesis Inferno has really grown on me in recent years and comes a very close 2nd these days; it’s a smashing coaster, in my opinion!

In terms of other theme parks and rides; my current coaster count is 79, my current favourite roller coaster is Mako at SeaWorld Orlando (I last rode it in August 2016, but my goodness do I remember the airtime being brilliant!), and my favourite theme park is Universal’s Islands of Adventure (the theming and general sense of immersion is just spell-binding, in my opinion, and the rides are excellent too; it really is the full package!)!

So, that’s a brief introduction to me, for those of you who don’t already know me! I apologise if that’s a little more than you wanted to know (I’m not the best at concise writing…), but that’s some stuff I thought you might find interesting!