Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

4 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Welcome to the forum Matt. I'm loving your discussion points at the moment, thank you for teaching this old man something. I had no idea a B&M hyper was once considered where The Swarm is.

And I've been on Thorpe Park forums for nigh on 18 years.

Thanks @Mark9!

To be completely honest, I hadn’t known that either prior to reading the Thorpe book;  I’ll admit that I am surprised that such a big and exciting cancelled ride hadn’t been widely known about prior to the book’s release!

One does have to wonder what the ride would have been like… as much as I do like Swarm, I would have absolutely loved a hyper!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Danny, 19-year-old non-binary (AFAB) and American. Have never been to Thorpe, but it seems like a good place. I love X:/ No Way Out because of its computer horror motif, and it reminds me of an obscure character from Toonami (a Cartoon Network block that aired in the US) named Swayzak, who I have created an MCU level of lore surrounding.

Home park is Six Flags Great Adventure, which is heaven for this DC nerd. I always wanted to go to Alton Towers as a kid because of Sonic Spinball. But now the theming's gone, so...

Hellooo I'm Max! Long time lurker but was once a member as a teenager as 'Coaster XTREME', so it's good to be back with a slightly more mature username xD.

I'm a filmmaker/film geek and long time coaster/theme park enthusiast.

I've been going to Thorpe Park since I was very young and I run some of the biggest theme park groups on Facebook..

19 hours ago, CineramaMax said:

Hellooo I'm Max! Long time lurker but was once a member as a teenager as 'Coaster XTREME', so it's good to be back with a slightly more mature username xD.

I'm a filmmaker/film geek and long time coaster/theme park enthusiast.

I've been going to Thorpe Park since I was very young and I run some of the biggest theme park groups on Facebook..

Welcome to TPM @CineramaMax!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys and girls!

I used to be on these forums, years back and somehow drifted away. It says I joined in 2012. I also briefly worked at Thorpe Park in 2005! This all sounds so funny when your typing it up or saying it aloud. 

So Hi everyone!!! I didn’t say much on here before, so I don’t expect anyone to remember me, but it would nice to use this again and make some friends with similar interests. 

And lastly, I’m thinking of getting an annual pass so I can visit more! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster here. I’m Peter, 25 years old and from Bournemouth. In addition to riding coasters, I also enjoy learning about the history and development of UK theme parks.

I first visited Thorpe Park on a school trip in June 2013, although I couldn’t ride any of the coasters due to the fact I had undergone major surgery on my back a few months earlier. I returned a year later when I finally had the all clear from my doctor and was able to experience an inverting roller coaster for the first time, Nemesis Inferno. Such an amazing ride and still my favourite coaster of all time.

To this date, I have completed all the coasters at Thorpe, Paultons and almost all at Chessington (I am yet to experience Dragon’s Fury), as well as a few at smaller theme parks. The next destination on my bucket list is Alton Towers, which I’m surprised I still haven’t got round to yet as my mates always suggest it. I’m not sure however whether it’s better to go this year or leave it until next year when Nemesis reopens. Since it would be a shame to go without riding this iconic coaster, next year seems logical. Conversely, at the rate Towers is closing rides, something else might go before then hence visiting ASAP might makes more sense (and I could always go next year as well!)

• 3 months later...

Oh life is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no I've said too much
I set it up

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spot-light
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you