Music

Phill

Well, you also just linked Cher Lloyd so I think it's safe to say that we'd never agree on anything when it comes to music, so let's just leave it there...

I wasn't saying I like the song.. you said BEP are the worst thing to happen to music, so I posted cher lloyd to point out your flaw.

^ Finally RCA has taken the song down, though there are now loads of people out there with it. I read online that the version above isn't totally finished in terms of mixing (music drowned out vocals in points).She has spent a large amount of her money hiring lawyers trying to find loopholes in her contract James, sadly they've pretty much cornered her and there's no way for her to be released from it unless she pays the record company millions of dollars. It's also sad because the label has sat on her album for all of this time (it's been finished since February), so in all honesty, I'm not surprised people are starting to leak songs out of pure frustration and desire for new music from her.

^ Finally RCA has taken the song down, though there are now loads of people out there with it. I read online that the version above isn't totally finished in terms of mixing (music drowned out vocals in points).She has spent a large amount of her money hiring lawyers trying to find loopholes in her contract James, sadly they've pretty much cornered her and there's no way for her to be released from it unless she pays the record company millions of dollars. It's also sad because the label has sat on her album for all of this time (it's been finished since February), so in all honesty, I'm not surprised people are starting to leak songs out of pure frustration and desire for new music from her.

What kind of deal doe she have? Usually its for 5 albums or something.

What kind of deal doe she have? Usually its for 5 albums or something.

She has a 5 album contract. However, the label managed to find a clause so that My December didn't count towards that number. Not many people know. but she had to fight and fight to get that album released, the label didn't like it because it wasn't "commercial" enough. So they promoted the first single and then gave up on the album, on which Kelly co-wrote or wrote everything on and was received very well by respected critics.So basically, because she got to release My December, she has the next album to do after this one (which has to be a proper studio one and not a live/ greatest hits thing) and then she can decide what she wants to do. I can't see her staying with RCA, I'd like to see her move to something like Interscope.

If I'm being honest, Sony is not the place for creative artists like Kelly. Sony is a big machine that more controlled and restrictive in terms of what music they release. Also, Sony are having merging-type issues which has caused problems with Leona and Alexandra Burke's albums.Kelly would be suited at Interscope Records because they are known for having creative artists like Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Gaga, Natalia Kills, Nicole Scherzinger and others I've forgotten.

Do you want to try being less sarcastic and dumb it down for simple people like me because that's how you make me feel my dearest so try that one again.Oh and please tell me the link between RCA and Sony name-wise that would make it 'occur' to me to google it?

Anyways...Jive is Britney's labelRCA is Xtina and Kelly's labelEpic is Shakira and Alexandra Burke's labelColumbia is Beyonce's labelAll are the main labels of Sony Music and all are having their individual problemsJive:Britney's album leaked 3 weeks ago and sales are not what was expected. Ciara's 3rd and 4th album had budget cuts due to mismanagement and now she has left the label after wanting to be let go. I wish it was like that for Kelly Clarkson. Ciara has since met with Interscope and Universal Motown's respective chairmans.RCA:Xtina wanted to experiment with an electro/dubstep sound and wanted to do something more original but her label didn't like the direction, so they made her do R&B songs and Bionic is her lowest-charting album.Epic:The then-chairman, Amanda Ghost, who penned songs for Beyonce became chairman of the label, with no managerial experience in the music industry, destroyed Shakira's She Wolf album.Columbia:Kelly Rowland left RCA after problems with her manager (Beyonce's Father) and has gone to Universal Motown. She's now on XFactor UK and hopefully things will look up.Sony is one of those labels that I don't like how they handle their artists and Interscope is really, the label to be at. The last four artists to get 1st week sales of 1 million + are: Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Eminem and Lil Wayne.

On Shakira... and also her latest album, I assume? Its done awfully (sales wise).Ciara was never going to be hit the big time, she's a one trick pony, I don't blame her management for not trying.But yes, for big artists, they have managed to mess things up for them, sadly. Christina was the worst case, again, she would be better off on another label, poor girl.

Shakira's album was She Wolf. It was gonna be:1) She Wolf2) Did It Again3) Men In This Town4) GypsyBut they delayed her album for a whole month to include a Timbaland song (Originally on Shock Value II) called "Give It Up To Me", which sounds so much like this collabo with Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake, "Give It To Me".Instead, they went with the Timbaland song which was Shakira's lowest opening and the delay wasn't worth it and the chairman was asked to resign.