Music

Phill

Cheers'en! :lol:I did like them for about a day, but I have a habit of saying I like things and then waking up to all the things that are wrong with something/someone, so I like to withhold judgement until I'm sure, and I'm sure I don't like many quaint little indie bands with awkward names and silly guitar hooks. There's something very irritating about being fed life lessons from socially inept, pubescent white nerds. Bands like Two Door Cinema Club, Friendly Fires, The Wombats, etc., etc. They're annoying.An exception to this rule is Noah And The Whale's more recent stuff. Something about their third album is infectiously good, but their earlier stuff slots nicely into the bin next to Glasvegas. Glasvegas are awful. Just awful. I cannot write down how my hatred seethes for a frontman of such pretentious magnitude and a band who dresses up the past in unnecessary grandiose and tries to re-sell it as something new.

It's a bit hit and miss with band like that I think though. The Wombats are pretty good but the others are pretty crap IMO :P I'm a big fan of mainstream music and always listen to Capital in the car but I almost always have electronic on my laptop. I might start listening to The Wombats some more though now... I'm also not at all impressed with how Spotify have stopped unlimited listens to songs if you don't pay for it :/

I personally love chart music but I'm a bigger fan of lesser mainstream and /or upcoming artists, that most people don't know who they are but it feels amazing to discover a new artist, who has brilliant music and to watch them grow and become big. So when they eventually become successful and everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon, it feels even more better to know, that you were there from the beginning.Some of the new artists I've been listening to:Natalia Kills (Industrial Electro-Pop)Sky Ferreira (Alt Electro-Pop)Neon Hitch (Pop)Porcelain Black (Industrial Dance-Pop = Britney Spears vs Marilyn Manson)Kerli (Industrial Electro-Pop / Dance-Pop and Folk)Lana Del Rey:She is looking likely to be the new It-Girl of 2012. Her EP has gone to number 5 on US iTunes and for an artist, who has had literally no promotion apart from a few self-made videos and a few internet interviews, she is highly regarded. She has this Old Hollywood / Valley of the Dolls-style and sings like Nancy Sinatra. She comes across as very mysterious, introverted and sweet and has beautiful, natural lips and a gorgeous, natural-looking face.She performed on Jools Holland with her song VIDEO GAMES and her other song "Kinda Outta Luck" is one of her best and has been featured on Gossip Girl. Her next single is called "Born To Die" and her album comes out in a couple months and she is signed to INTERSCOPE RECORDS.