Music

Phill

Well thank **** 'Only The Horses' is better than the crap they came out with for 'Shady Love'. So glad the latter was pulled as the lead single because it really was shooting themselves in the foot.

'Only The Horses' sounds so different though... What I like about it is it's spacious, psychedelic production but it does veer a little too close to wishy-washy handbag house for me. I want something like 'Fire With Fire' (I can see they tried to do that here), which to me, is the best thing they ever recorded.

EDIT: I've always loved Paloma. There's something so genuine about her and it shows in her music. I don't usually go for anything like what Paloma does, and so it pissed me off a bit when Lana Del Rey swanned in a got all the credit for reinventing the doomed starlet/chanteuse of 50s Americana when Paloma did it to far more avail (as Del Rey simply came across as a sulky teenager in fancy clothes pretending she was enjoying the fact her fictitious life of drugs and fast cars was slowly killing her) three years earlier.

Paloma's best stuff is her upbeat songs though; 'Upside Down' was the unchallenged highlight of her first album, so here's to a lot of that in 'Fall To Grace'.

"ABC, 123,

That girl wore her jeans like me.

I bet she's mad cos I look fab.

HAHAHAHA, JACK MY SWAG!"

​Lyrical masterpiece right here. Almost as heartwarming as Rebecca Black's description of the days of the week. Me and Maxy are on Skype dancing to this right now. This isn't sarcastic or a joke, I actually love this song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to be pretty good friends with this kid, we ended up going to different Secondary Schools and lost contact but he's quite into rapping now. I don't really like rap too much but I don't think he's at all bad for a 15 year old and I thought his video may be worth posting here....

As if by magic, it's the middle of the exams period, and the insomnia is starting to kick in. It's nigh-on periodic and I just feel like **** lying in bed hanging over the brink of sleep but never actually getting anywhere. I just get hot and clammy lying in bed.

Listening to this though:

Feel like this woman understands me better than I do.